NYT report on US Navy’s multiple observations of East Coast UFOs, 2014-15 (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you launch it from twitter, you don’t have to have a sub. Not sure about direct link.

The WashPost followed up today and the gist is basically that these things happen, and they’re real - UFOs are among us. Are they the product of another life form? That question is far more difficult.

WASHINGTON — The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

“These things would be out there all day,” said Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years, and who reported his sightings to the Pentagon and Congress. “Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot had a near collision with one of the objects, and an official mishap report was filed. Some of the incidents were videotaped, including one taken by a plane’s camera in early 2015 that shows an object zooming over the ocean waves as pilots question what they are watching.

“Wow, what is that, man?” one exclaims. “Look at it fly!”

No one in the Defense Department is saying that the objects were extraterrestrial, and experts emphasize that earthly explanations can generally be found for such incidents. Lieutenant Graves and four other Navy pilots, who said in interviews with The New York Times that they saw the objects in 2014 and 2015 in training maneuvers from Virginia to Florida off the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, make no assertions of their provenance.

But the objects have gotten the attention of the Navy, which earlier this year sent out new classified guidance for how to report what the military calls unexplained aerial phenomena, or unidentified flying objects.

i think its about time the Military remove the "stigma" as the article alluded to.

I get the "threat" from a philosophical perspective, but its time to move forward. We are still the dominant species on Earth. Just not in the universe.

i think its about time the Military remove the "stigma" as the article alluded to.

I get the "threat" from a philosophical perspective, but its time to move forward. We are still the dominant species on Earth. Just not in the universe.

It says there was a near collision with an F/A18 - so why don’t we just collide a drone with one. Examine the wreckage. Though I suppose there is risk in deliberately crashing one. Could be seen as hostile (if these are managed by intelligent life).

Of course joe public would likely never get to know about it.

It says there was a near collision with an F/A18 - so why don’t we just collide a drone with one. Examine the wreckage. Though I suppose there is risk in deliberately crashing one. Could be seen as hostile (if these are managed by intelligent life).

Of course joe public would likely never get to know about it.

i have a hard time believing that a purposeful air collision would be possible. Especially if "manned". In that first video, that thing darts off radar so fast, i dont know that we have a drone capable of contact. Maybe a missile, but that would absolutely be "hostile".

I just find it fascinating that there is no exhaust, no "jet"....they seem to maneuver with no side effects of physics. ( g force etc)

I suspect we have examined earlier wreckage, which led to radar defying materials used by the Military. We just dont have the tech to fully replicate or understand these vehicles.

i look forward to the day it becomes known, because soon after that...space travel becomes an absolute.

Ive always been of the mind that these UFOs are not extraterrestrial; that they are simply the product of our military being 20 years further along technologically than we are told.

All of these denials they make and secrecy they keep is just another way of deflecting their true origin, and help to misdirect foreign allies and enemies eyes.

One of two conclusions:
1) Aliens are real, among us, and the government is becoming more willing to let us in on this great secret soon
2) The government is having a giggle at our expense

Both are equally terrifying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom