NZBMatrix is gone! (1 Viewer)

The searches are one thing, but the free server pool is pretty nice. I haven't noticed myself getting re-billed, but I'll check again

For the record, I used to be an editor on newzbin, and nothing will ever replace that for me. Make one report/month in the mma subcategory and get free access

Another nice thing about sdoy is being able to click the send to Sab button. Good times

Looks like Im off to nmatrix unless someone has a better suggestion.

I prefer Oznzb but I keep nmatrix active. When nmatrix first started I donated. A week later he acted like he didn't know who had donated and started selling subscriptions. A month ago he cancelled my account. I simply signed back up but I'm not giving him money again. The site is limited and full of things that don't work and/or have malware. I've found a better variety on Oznzb so far but I'm jaded now.

You would think that we wouldn't need services like this anymore. I pay for Amazon prime, Netflix, and Hulu Plus, and I have cable. Yet I still have things that I can't find outside of NZB's.

I prefer Oznzb but I keep nmatrix active. When nmatrix first started I donated. A week later he acted like he didn't know who had donated and started selling subscriptions. A month ago he cancelled my account.

mine was canceled about the same time. I just had not signed back up. I do use both of them and like both. I guess I like to have both active to hedge my bets if they start disappearing again. Nmatrix has done some good in trying to get participation in the comments on the quality. None of them have done as well as the original matrix in that regard unfortunately. :( Maybe the forum it had helped encourage that :idunno:

I am also streaming the bulk of my content these days but it seems like they are just almost there. Maybe 1 or 2 more services and they can not only eliminate this need but also bring the death nail for the cable "package" One can hope anyway.

**** nmatrix sent me an email looking for 10 bucks to keep the account open. I was going to pay it so I flagged the email and meant to get back to it. Now I can't connect through the email and the site says invite only.

**** nmatrix sent me an email looking for 10 bucks to keep the account open. I was going to pay it so I flagged the email and meant to get back to it. Now I can't connect through the email and the site says invite only.
I received an email from them this week that they were upgrading their site. Perhaps you couldn't log in because of that. I was able to log in tonight but it is painfully slow.

I received an email from them this week that they were upgrading their site. Perhaps you couldn't log in because of that. I was able to log in tonight but it is painfully slow.

I hope so. My feeling is that they dumped all the free accounts again so the link from my email doesn't map to anything. I am going to keep checking.

now it is altHUB. I guess I caught them in migration. Seems to still be a work in progress. I gonna pay them after the scare. Guess I will buy some wisdom from OZ while I am at it.

I hadn't used newsgroups in quite a while but last night my wife wanted to watch White Christmas and our copy is bad. Logged into Oznzb and nothing was good with astraweb (my last active provider). I checked again this morning and it's down.

Back up now.

That's great news. I've been using Dognzb (VIP) for a while, and its really been good to me. There are plenty of good options out there, just hard to get an account. So now its nice to know that Matrix is back, providing me a good alternative should the need arrive.

Guess I'm one of the ones that still uses usenet regularly, and prefers that over the streaming options like Kodi provides. Set up correctly with a decent block account, and Sab + Sonarr + Couchpotato + Plex, its basically just as hands-off as streaming, and leaves me mostly unaffected by take-downs since the bulk of my media is automatically grabbed prior to the take-downs. And Pushbullet lets me know on my phone the second a show is downloaded... so I can just wait for the notification and fire up plex as soon as I get it, like magic. Plus I like being able to control the quality of my media, thus being able to grab the best of whats out there.

That's great news. I've been using Dognzb (VIP) for a while, and its really been good to me. There are plenty of good options out there, just hard to get an account. So now its nice to know that Matrix is back, providing me a good alternative should the need arrive.

Guess I'm one of the ones that still uses usenet regularly, and prefers that over the streaming options like Kodi provides. Set up correctly with a decent block account, and Sab + Sonarr + Couchpotato + Plex, its basically just as hands-off as streaming, and leaves me mostly unaffected by take-downs since the bulk of my media is automatically grabbed prior to the take-downs. And Pushbullet lets me know on my phone the second a show is downloaded... so I can just wait for the notification and fire up plex as soon as I get it, like magic. Plus I like being able to control the quality of my media, thus being able to grab the best of whats out there.

Matrix isn't up. Oznzb is back up.

With the coming of streaming in kodi, I'm hardly using newsgroups any longer. The quality is certainly better with the latter. But it too is getting better. It's hard to justify paying $11 a month for server access when every other time I do try to use it I can't find viable downloads anyway. I wanted to watch a newly released film last night. I tried oznzb and wasted 20 minutes on a broken download. I watched the movie on kodi instead.

With the coming of streaming in kodi, I'm hardly using newsgroups any longer. The quality is certainly better with the latter. But it too is getting better. It's hard to justify paying $11 a month for server access when every other time I do try to use it I can't find viable downloads anyway. I wanted to watch a newly released film last night. I tried oznzb and wasted 20 minutes on a broken download. I watched the movie on kodi instead.

+1. Although I think I've been paying yearly for Astraweb. I'll probably keep it for now.

Newsgroups are about dead. Pay services on kodi are popping up with better service and higher quality. They're not supporting Genesis like they did before because they're moving their high quality links to "real debrid." There's a sports pay add-on called sports access that is supposed to have every sporting event in HD. If my in-laws weren't using my Netflix account I'd drop it for real debrid. They can't handle anything outside of Netflix. I had a hulu account and they couldn't figure it out. I bought them a bluray player that plays everything and they decided to hook up their ancient DVD/vhs combo because they didn't know that the bluray player could do more than Netflix. Kodi would cause vapor lock. I was using newsgroups to download things that they wanted but they had a hard time watching from USB sticks and I don't want to buy and burn dvd's for everything that they want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom