NZBMatrix is gone! (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the tip on real debrid. I signed up for 30 days to give it a try. Already Genesis is better.

I wanted to watch the new shamalamadingdong movie, The Visit'. I tried a couple of failed nzbs and I happened to see your post before trying Genesis. The movie pulled up immediately with realdebrid sources. No buffering and good quality. I hope this plays out well.

Thanks for the tip on real debrid. I signed up for 30 days to give it a try. Already Genesis is better.

I wanted to watch the new shamalamadingdong movie, The Visit'. I tried a couple of failed nzbs and I happened to see your post before trying Genesis. The movie pulled up immediately with realdebrid sources. No buffering and good quality. I hope this plays out well.

Let us know how the month works.

Glad to have people going back to thinking that. They may not work for a particular kind of enthusiast but they've been around for 35 years for a reason.

They are dead for people looking to download copies of popular movies. But the technology is clearly not dead.

This whole thing got me thinking though. What I think really is dead is local storage. I used to hoard downloaded movies and music. There is no need now. Instant access to media has made it unnecessary, which means all that HDD space in my PC is also unnecessary.

I tried Salts as an alternative to Genesis. It keeps asking for verification to real debrid, and then fails when I put in the code. Genesis seems to be working well with good quality though.

They are dead for people looking to download copies of popular movies. But the technology is clearly not dead.

This whole thing got me thinking though. What I think really is dead is local storage. I used to hoard downloaded movies and music. There is no need now. Instant access to media has made it unnecessary, which means all that HDD space in my PC is also unnecessary.

That was the argument about the entertainment industry's business model all along. Piracy advocates constantly said that all that the entertainment industry needed to do was make their content available on demand and people would pay. They're almost there but there's still some content that isn't available and there are still some restrictions on how and when you can use it.

TV and movies are almost complete in terms of piracy not being needed. There still some things that are not available. And the need to subscribe to multiple services is a pain the butt. Music services don't quite get it. When I say that I want to listen to Pink Floyd that doesn't mean that I want to hear a band that credits Pink Floyd as one of their influences. I think that the problem there may also be the same as movies in that some services don't have access to what you want so they try to pass off other content as a substitute because they think that we're too ignorant to tell the difference. I still maintain, and use, a music collection but TV and movies are nearly good enough. MLB is on the right track. All that they have to do is drop their blackout restrictions and their model is exactly what we want. I hope that the other sports take notice and follow suit.

So did you pay in Euros? Do have a foreign currency charge on your credit card?

So did you pay in Euros? Do have a foreign currency charge on your credit card?

My credit card doesn't have any conversion fees. I bought 30 days for 4 euros. They charged me $4.38. It looks like I should go to France soon!

True enough. My interests tend to be pretty niche which is why Usenet has always worked for me, but the vast majority of mainstream media is now or soon to be streaming.

Rookies! All of you!

1) Set up a VPN.
2) Learn how to use torrents.
3) Enjoy.

Somebody hasn't been paying attention.

There are people are using torrents to instantly stream now.

Popcorn Time - New Version

I've abandoned torrents because of the privacy issues, etc. I only use them now for downloading Saints replays. Besides, Cox shuts off my internet if I upload too much at a time through a torrent. I know they're watching.

I don't think the future looks too bright for this method. Popcorn Time users are now getting sued by the movie industry | PCWorld Torrent technology just feels all limewire-ish now.

Yeah, I'm familiar with Popcorn Time, and I was shut off once by Cox for uploading - however I don't think it's a question of how much, but rather "what" you upload that is the issue.

The thing about torrents is that they are usually easily visible (without a VPN, which adds cost and usually restricts speeed). There are some private trackers out there, but they are difficult to get invites to, and then you have to maintain ratios. I agree that Popcorn Time has some inherent potential problems (due to the nature of the public trackers it connects to).

I got Real Debrid configured this morning. I haven't really tried it out (other than to make sure I had some "green feeds" but it seems very promising. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom