NZBMatrix is gone! (1 Viewer)

What really steams me about this take down is that my primary use, and that of many other users as well, is to facilitate ease of access for things that I have already paid to see. I have cable tv but I use windows media center as my dvr. Converting the WTV files (or whatever they call them now) is a pain so I use NZB's to get a copy to watch on my phone. I work a lot and most viewing for me is done on my phone. My slingbox is good for this but cell service isn't very reliable (which is also a problem when using netflix, amazon vod, and/or hulu plus). And there are situations such as I experienced this morning that caused me to discover that the matrix is down. My Godson wanted to watch "A Christmas Story" but my disc wouldn't play. Shouldn't be a problem. I figured that I'd just download a copy instead of digging out my old disc doctor. Games are another problem. Many games are too difficult for kids and they collect dust. Others just suck. I don't mind buying games but I can't stand paying $30-60 to see the games sit. There needs to be a system that allows unlimited play for a day in order to find out if the games are worth it. The dumbed down trials and the trials that last for minutes are ridiculous and do not allow for enough time to make an informed decision.

Why can't they just provide us with access to downloads that we can watch when, where, and how we want. We already pay for newsgroups. We'd pay for legit downloads too. I pay for cable. I'd rather pay for downloads that I can use anywhere. The model of being tied to a large box in the living room is outdated and the market needs to direct resources toward developing a new business model rather than toward protecting the old one.

Back in the Summer I had purchased a 1TB block of data. I barely put a dent in it.

Back in the Summer I had purchased a 1TB block of data. I barely put a dent in it.

I bought a TB for 50 about the same time. I have used about a third. The block made more sense for me since some months I probably won't go over 50 GB.

The things I will miss the most is the comments and the hit count. I download stuff and may not get around to watching for a month or more. I used those features to make sure that when I do get around to it, I don't find that I have garbage.

I don't understand why they didn't just sell the software that ran the site it was designed perfectly. At least give Mickey Mouses attorneys a moving target.

The things I will miss the most is the comments and the hit count. I download stuff and may not get around to watching for a month or more. I used those features to make sure that when I do get around to it, I don't find that I have garbage.

That's the biggest loss since content can always be found via alternative indexers/searches/headers/channels.

If I even remotely knew how to do it, I would create my own indexing site :( Newznab - Usenet Indexer

That's what sites like nzbs.org, nzb.su, and dognzb are using. There are some public (for now) Newznab indexers available at NZBS.in, chica NZBs, and elsewhere. Any NZB related site with open registration is going to be hammered for a while though.

I don't understand why they didn't just sell the software that ran the site it was designed perfectly. At least give Mickey Mouses attorneys a moving target.

It might not be worth the liability for the seller or buyer.

That's what sites like nzbs.org, nzb.su, and dognzb are using. There are some public (for now) Newznab indexers available at NZBS.in, chica NZBs, and elsewhere. Any NZB related site with open registration is going to be hammered for a while though.

chica is only accepting new invites only right now. I was able to register an account with NZBs.in, haven't downloaded anything, but I do have an account.

As others have said, I will pay for an invite to a private site if necessary. I will need my fix.......:covri: You got me into this, now you have to find me an alternative.....:hihi: j/k

not sure what I will do, I just switched usenet providers 2 days ago too, and i helped my friends wife pick him out a new media player for him for christmas. Hes gonna be pretty disappointed

chica is only accepting new invites only right now. I was able to register an account with NZBs.in, haven't downloaded anything, but I do have an account.

As others have said, I will pay for an invite to a private site if necessary. I will need my fix.......:covri: You got me into this, now you have to find me an alternative.....:hihi: j/k

Most private sites have shut down invites to prevent an influx of new users. Unfortunately there really aren't any great user indexed alternatives. I wouldn't be too concerned with getting on one of the private Newznab sites right now. There should be alternatives coming online once they have time to build their indices.

what a sad day.

Gonna give it a few days and see what comes up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom