NZBMatrix is gone! (3 Viewers)

Yeah, I'm familiar with Popcorn Time, and I was shut off once by Cox for uploading - however I don't think it's a question of how much, but rather "what" you upload that is the issue.

The thing about torrents is that they are usually easily visible (without a VPN, which adds cost and usually restricts speeed). There are some private trackers out there, but they are difficult to get invites to, and then you have to maintain ratios. I agree that Popcorn Time has some inherent potential problems (due to the nature of the public trackers it connects to).

I got Real Debrid configured this morning. I haven't really tried it out (other than to make sure I had some "green feeds" but it seems very promising. Thanks.
I get shut down by cox just downloading the Saints torrents every week, usually if I leave it up at a good rate to seed. Resetting the modem fixes the issue.

I really don't know why you guys are having problems with usenet. The only time I've ever had a problem was when NZBMatrix went down.

Streaming services are nice, but to my knowledge, they don't carry DTS-HD or TrueHD audio. There is a clear difference between lossless audio and lossy and the lossy just doesn't cut it for the audiophile named me.

I really don't know why you guys are having problems with usenet. The only time I've ever had a problem was when NZBMatrix went down.

Streaming services are nice, but to my knowledge, they don't carry DTS-HD or TrueHD audio. There is a clear difference between lossless audio and lossy and the lossy just doesn't cut it for the audiophile named me.

Not problems really, but instant gratification >> audio quality, for me.

I get shut down by cox just downloading the Saints torrents every week, usually if I leave it up at a good rate to seed. Resetting the modem fixes the issue.

That sounds more like a modem issue than a Cox issue. When they shut me down, they disabled my account altogether. Or maybe the modems are programmed to limit total usage, although it would be strange for them to implement something so easily fixable.

The biggest problem with Usenet is playing whack a mole with indexers and providers. Today Oznzb is working and wants me to have a VIP subscription, tomorrow the site is down so I need another indexer with subscription. Then I grab an nzb and I'm missing 54 blocks of a 15 Gb download because I tried to use a part of the terrabyte block that I purchased 6 years ago so I need another provider as a backup for when astraweb fails me. Now I have to hope that my back up doesn't also fail me.

For movies when the audio quality matters I buy the disc. Otherwise I just want to stream it. I'm done collecting thing's and worrying about losing them. I had my movie collection on a server and lost it all. I still have the discs and a lot of them won't play. Collecting media is fruitless.

Im in agreement with others. An easy 2 out of 3 downloads through astraweb are broken now. Sure, 1080p and DTS are better than not. But streaming at a less than great but decent rate is better than no movie at all. If I want something in good quality, I'll buy the disc or even rent through amazon or vudu.

I use nzb.su, and nzbgeek for now. I do have dog as well, but their api server seems to always be down. I don't really have any issues, but it's not as carefree as it was when matrix was around.

dog wants money from you that's the api problem. no issues here for usenet. everyone switch to streaming and usenet will only get better. +1 for the geek.

I have used dog daily for about a year, and never noticed an API problem, and 99% of my downloads are from Sonarr or CouchPotato via the API. Have been using Supernews for a while and I can't tell you the last time I've had an incomplete download. Guess it just depends on how you use it. I dropped to the bare minimum on Directtv, and have all my shows set up in Sonarr, so I get the downloads before they have time to be taken down. Downloads for movies come as they are released as well, via CP, so no issue with incompletes there either. Plex picks picks it up from there, and processes everything. Pushbullet lets me know when something has arrived. Works like a charm, and when set up properly, requires very little maintenance, much easier to view and more consistent with streaming, and always the best quality available. When used to keep up with new stuff, and set up to do automatically via Sonarr and/or Couchpotato, broken downloads are a thing of the past. I even use Plex to watch our network shows, versus my Directtv DVR, because its nice not having to fast-forward through commercials. Not too worried about server drives kicking the bucket either, as having 2 parity drives gives me dual redundancy and enables me to re-silver more safely, when needed.

Works like a dream, and even my 2 year old uses it frequently, accessing his movies/shows on his iPad whenever he wants. I screwed up though, when I showed him how to 'cast' to the tv.

I use nzb.su, and nzbgeek for now. I do have dog as well, but their api server seems to always be down. I don't really have any issues, but it's not as carefree as it was when matrix was around.
Those are the two indexers I use and I haven't had any issues with them(don't know if I'll ever get into dog or the other unicorn indexers lol) .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Actually, I have Dog and Geek posts stuff faster. You ain't missing nothing.

Actually, I have Dog and Geek posts stuff faster. You ain't missing nothing.
Good to know. Part of cable cutting was cutting costs so needlessly paying for services I don't need would defeat that purpose lol.

Geek is great and I Haven't had one issue with it in my short time using it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RIP, 6 years ago today, you left us and our lives have never been the same!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom