O line expectations vs reality (1 Viewer)

It's not only saints o line, i think o line is the worst position group around the league. Almost every team have terrible line. People here think every other team have at least a good line, but that's not true. They struggle. Last year saints line was really bad and still was top 10.

It's the same thing with people here thinking no team start young guys/rookies only the saints. To them, every team has a great vet playing every position. That's not true. All teams have rookies starting at some position.

And that's what OP is trying to say. No team is able to have 5 all pro offensive lineman nowadays.

It's not only saints o line, i think o line is the worst position group around the league. Almost every team have terrible line. People here think every other team have at least a good line, but that's not true. They struggle. Last year saints line was really bad and still was top 10.

It's the same thing with people here thinking no team start young guys/rookies only the saints. To them, every team has a great vet playing every position. That's not true. All teams have rookies starting at some position.

And that's what OP is trying to say. No team is able to have 5 all pro offensive lineman nowadays.

This may all be true, but you are still looking and hoping for a collective effort. So far, it appears they have quite a ways to go.....

There are going to be an awful lot of people here with an awful lot of crow to eat.

This is going to be a good offensive line. 10 seasons of football under Payton and we've never had one that was anywhere near below average. If you think this is going to be a bad o-line you're just not paying attention.

I wish people could listen to Pat Kirwan. He stated yesterday on nfl radio how this is easily the worst position group collectively in the nfl.

There are going to be an awful lot of people here with an awful lot of crow to eat.

This is going to be a good offensive line. 10 seasons of football under Payton and we've never had one that was anywhere near below average. If you think this is going to be a bad o-line you're just not paying attention.

Yep. Brees was hit three times the other day. Two of those three plays there were penalties against Houston. People act like the other team doesn't get paid and that everyone on the saints stink if they don't win every battle.

Did anyone notice the wall that Brees had in front of him on the throw to Coleman that he dropped?

I wish people could listen to Pat Kirwan. He stated yesterday on nfl radio how this is easily the worst position group collectively in the nfl.

I don't know if it's so much that offensive lines have gotten worse around the league, but that defensive lines have gotten much better around the league. But the end result is the same.

Yep. Brees was hit three times the other day. Two of those three plays there were penalties against Houston. People act like the other team doesn't get paid and that everyone on the saints stink if they don't win every battle.

Did anyone notice the wall that Brees had in front of him on the throw to Coleman that he dropped?

The Brees hit where he lost the ball was a bad block by Fleener. Wasn't wven the O line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at those teams who every year produce playoff teams. They have the same dollar spread as we have. That leaves me with just one conclusion, Coaching, schemes, play calling. What is left out ? What is it that they do that we don't. A record of 7-9 shouldn't happen again. Or should I say, better not happen. Heads will roll.

Yeah I agree with OP. I mean it's preseason. It's about finding out what works and doesn't work. I mean I can go out and play guard for grayson right now and that has no affect on the season. I think we have a servicebly line. Will Mack give us grief week one. Probably but that's when coaching comes in.

Let's see. A new OL coach. A 2nd rear player who for two years has bounced all over covering injuries and such, never really developing a rhythm. LT out to start camp. Rotating every player through to find who has what they need to build off of and coach up. No scheming in the preseason games, no great blitz pickups or extra blockers to take care of problematic DLineman.

Then they play a Texans team that even without Watt still has a top3 defense in the league, and a patriots team that doesn't want to lose even a preseason game in complete contrast to the Saints which are sorting through to see what young players can do. Do you seriously think Belichick would've had Murphy as starting returner and Coleman as the starting WR, all the while highlighting him to see if he had what it takes? Please, there is no way. Also, Brees biggest strength-anticipating throws to receivers he has trust in isn't there. So that also has a huge bearing on how the line plays. I'm sure barring some accident our starting OL right now is what they will go into the season with, that way guys have time to jell as a unit.

But please, continue complaining about how our first round pick last year is worse than a FA, how our starting guard last year is worse than the guy Dallas tried to replace him with and continue to complain about a serviceable RT who had a lot of verbal garbage directed against him by the best DE in the league when he was miked up for tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at those teams who every year produce playoff teams. They have the same dollar spread as we have. That leaves me with just one conclusion, Coaching, schemes, play calling. What is left out ? What is it that they do that we don't. A record of 7-9 shouldn't happen again. Or should I say, better not happen. Heads will roll.

We had Ryan. End of story. No one ever gets better under him. Part of me thinks he is a genius though. He should be locked up for fraud as a nfl coach but instead people loved him because he would buy a few beers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom