O you bet on the Saints? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Living in Reno it is nice having a sports book to go place some bets however I never bet the Saints in fear of jinxing them. I also never bet on Nevada.

I often kick myself for not betting on the Saints but every Sunday morning I can never bring myself to do it. Anyone else face this issue?

StChadwick

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I never placed any bets the year and a half I lived there. I almost did once during the 04 season against the Rams but didn't and the Saints did end up winning.

NolaShaun

Reaction score
I put money down on NFL games every weekend, but I never put money on Saints games. Just don't want to deal with that stress in addition to just watching the game normally.

I did, however, put a little down before the season this year on the Saints winning it all at 22/1 odds. Couldn't pass up those odds knowing how good we had a chance at being!

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As a rule, I never bet the Saints. I would go crazy if I thought I jinxed them. I won't even take Their game in my pick'em league

Saintvan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Every week I take the Saints in my league, regardless of the spread. I also go against the Lambs no matter who they play and what the spread is. You would be surprised how many times this works out for me.

I also have the Saints at 19/1 odds to win the NFC. Not bad.

Cuban WhoDat

Making it Rain
Reaction score
Always resisted betting the Saints before, but when we were only giving the Lions 9 points, I had to break my rule and placed a c note on the who dats.

i typically bet $20 each week on the Falcons.....and pray I lose. The way I look at it, I would gladly pay $20 spot for a Dirty Bird loss.....and if they happen to win, my fresh $20 eases the pain. Its a win-win....except for a few times the "points" get me, then I just rough up my Mike Ditka doll and eases the pain.

Zardnok

Zardnokalicious!
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Only time I bet on the Saints or LSU is with friends that are fans of their opponents and it is rarely ever a "large" bet. At most a nice steak dinner or a case of beer.

WestCoastFan

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Living in Reno it is nice having a sports book to go place some bets however I never bet the Saints in fear of jinxing them. I also never bet on Nevada.

I often kick myself for not betting on the Saints but every Sunday morning I can never bring myself to do it. Anyone else face this issue?

YES... I feel the same way. I too live in Nevada, close to you, just south of Carson City in Sunridge. I gave up betting on the Saints in the mid 80's. Never won a single bet. The Saints could play Douglas High and I find a way to lose that bet. The only money I have put out for the Saints this year was for The Sunday Ticket. Just had an overwhelming belief that this years team was going to do extremely well and I wanted to see every moment of it. No way would I want to jinxs them so NO BETTING.

Da Trout

Reaction score
I never bet anything that I have an emotional attachment to. I have bet LSU in both Nat'l Championships (which has worked out) and I will bet the Saints in the Superbowl this year.

Never week in/week out though

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I NEVER bet on the Saints and I tell everyone I know to NOT bet on the Saints. Not because I am superstitious about it, but they seem to always do the opposite of the bet.

mrbeebe228

Tailgating Enthusiast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
this week the line is saints -3, you better bet the dinner check on that one.. cause we aint the chiefs, cowgirls, bucs, raiders or redskins.. their mediocrity will be exposed , last i checked we aint the cowgirls, so wont be a 3 point game, i predict a 20 point victory, everyone thinks im crazy, but i can just see it happening.

slug

Terrace Termite
Reaction score
Always best to stay away from betting either way on your team, but the Saints are killing it, covered 4 x's..if we beat the Giants handily we will be giving up a lot of spread points from here on out, this may be the last week of delicious spreads for the Saints..I'm riding them until I lose, like a hot blackjack streak

mrbeebe228

Tailgating Enthusiast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
this week the line is saints -3, you better bet the dinner check on that one.. cause we aint the chiefs, cowgirls, bucs, raiders or redskins.. their mediocrity will be exposed , last i checked we aint the cowgirls, so wont be a 3 point game, i predict a 20 point victory, everyone thinks im crazy, but i can just see it happening.

i need to get me a job in vegas.. ok i was one point off... but thats pretty good!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom