O you bet on the Saints? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Living in Reno it is nice having a sports book to go place some bets however I never bet the Saints in fear of jinxing them. I also never bet on Nevada.

I often kick myself for not betting on the Saints but every Sunday morning I can never bring myself to do it. Anyone else face this issue?

I never placed any bets the year and a half I lived there. I almost did once during the 04 season against the Rams but didn't and the Saints did end up winning.

I put money down on NFL games every weekend, but I never put money on Saints games. Just don't want to deal with that stress in addition to just watching the game normally.

I did, however, put a little down before the season this year on the Saints winning it all at 22/1 odds. Couldn't pass up those odds knowing how good we had a chance at being!

As a rule, I never bet the Saints. I would go crazy if I thought I jinxed them. I won't even take Their game in my pick'em league

Every week I take the Saints in my league, regardless of the spread. I also go against the Lambs no matter who they play and what the spread is. You would be surprised how many times this works out for me.

I also have the Saints at 19/1 odds to win the NFC. Not bad.

Always resisted betting the Saints before, but when we were only giving the Lions 9 points, I had to break my rule and placed a c note on the who dats.

i typically bet $20 each week on the Falcons.....and pray I lose. The way I look at it, I would gladly pay $20 spot for a Dirty Bird loss.....and if they happen to win, my fresh $20 eases the pain. Its a win-win....except for a few times the "points" get me, then I just rough up my Mike Ditka doll and eases the pain.

Only time I bet on the Saints or LSU is with friends that are fans of their opponents and it is rarely ever a "large" bet. At most a nice steak dinner or a case of beer.

Living in Reno it is nice having a sports book to go place some bets however I never bet the Saints in fear of jinxing them. I also never bet on Nevada.

I often kick myself for not betting on the Saints but every Sunday morning I can never bring myself to do it. Anyone else face this issue?

YES... I feel the same way. I too live in Nevada, close to you, just south of Carson City in Sunridge. I gave up betting on the Saints in the mid 80's. Never won a single bet. The Saints could play Douglas High and I find a way to lose that bet. The only money I have put out for the Saints this year was for The Sunday Ticket. Just had an overwhelming belief that this years team was going to do extremely well and I wanted to see every moment of it. No way would I want to jinxs them so NO BETTING.

I never bet anything that I have an emotional attachment to. I have bet LSU in both Nat'l Championships (which has worked out) and I will bet the Saints in the Superbowl this year.

Never week in/week out though

I NEVER bet on the Saints and I tell everyone I know to NOT bet on the Saints. Not because I am superstitious about it, but they seem to always do the opposite of the bet.

this week the line is saints -3, you better bet the dinner check on that one.. cause we aint the chiefs, cowgirls, bucs, raiders or redskins.. their mediocrity will be exposed , last i checked we aint the cowgirls, so wont be a 3 point game, i predict a 20 point victory, everyone thinks im crazy, but i can just see it happening.

Always best to stay away from betting either way on your team, but the Saints are killing it, covered 4 x's..if we beat the Giants handily we will be giving up a lot of spread points from here on out, this may be the last week of delicious spreads for the Saints..I'm riding them until I lose, like a hot blackjack streak

this week the line is saints -3, you better bet the dinner check on that one.. cause we aint the chiefs, cowgirls, bucs, raiders or redskins.. their mediocrity will be exposed , last i checked we aint the cowgirls, so wont be a 3 point game, i predict a 20 point victory, everyone thinks im crazy, but i can just see it happening.

i need to get me a job in vegas.. ok i was one point off... but thats pretty good!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom