Oakland Just had a better gameplan. (1 Viewer)

AmerVet

The 1 Arm Receiver
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They forced the offense to dink and donk all over the field and capitalized off of our mistakes. They controlled the ball and took advantage of a glaring weakness. We struggled to tackle on the boundaries and couldn't stop the TE so they Just ran wide and attacked with the TE on 3rd down. What the Raiders didn't anticipate was how easy we would make it for them. Penalties aside , we we're getting handled by a banged up offensive line of backups.
Carr had time and carved us up. Not being able to contain the TE is very concerning. That guy was out there looking like Jimmy Graham when he played for us. Payton and Allen didn't gameplan well against Gruden. I'm hoping that this is the type of game that gets us going.
Harris needs more targets in underneath routes and Marcus Williams is still struggling to hold on to what should be sure tackles. Someone mentioned in the gameday thread that we are missing Bell and I agree. He was a sure tackler and that touchdown that sealed the game would have probably been stopped if he was out there.

Overall I give our offense a C+ and Defense a D.
Coaching gets a D as well.

No they didn't. We gave the game to them.

They adjusted incredibly well to our game plan, which was working quite well in the first quarter, and we just had no answer. Combine that with all the senseless penalties and it just got ugly.

Oakland didn't have to make adjustments to their gameplan once they started playing pitch and catch to Waller. Allen left Jenkins on him all night.

Payton made the only adjustment Oakland's defense needed: he stopped running the ball with Kamara and Murray after the first quarter.

Saints win this game easily if they double teamed Waller and Kamara and Murray combined for 40, not 14, carries.

I think we had the ball once in the 3rd quarter. The D was gassed because they couldn’t stop anyone.
That’s playcalling and coverage getting figured out. Basic A got got.

I think we had the ball once in the 3rd quarter. The D was gassed because they couldn’t stop anyone.

It was the TE that we absolutely had no answer for. We would make great plays on 1st and 2nd down and then that guy would just make a play or we’d get a penalty. The defense was dog tiredby the 3rd quarter.

That’s playcalling and coverage getting figured out. Basic A got got.

You mean when we had 3 penalties in a row, or something like that. We moved the ball to their 40 yard line in 2 plays, and then it got ugly.

No they didn't. We gave the game to them.
It's ridiculous to not give Vegas credit. Gruden schemed an amazing game. The plays were basic yes but he schemed his players to abuse the positions Allen had them in.

Yes, Gruden had a much better gameplan.

Oakland didn't have to make adjustments to their gameplan once they started playing pitch and catch to Waller. Allen left Jenkins on him all night.

Payton made the only adjustment Oakland's defense needed: he stopped running the ball with Kamara and Murray after the first quarter.

Saints win this game easily if they double teamed Waller and Kamara and Murray combined for 40, not 14, carries.
Groundhog Day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom