Oakland Just had a better gameplan. (1 Viewer)

LV whipped them in a couple areas, saints fell flat in more areas. We saw when it derailed.

Up 17-7 with 3min left...3rd and 10 had the Jordan penalty...LV scores 7, go on halftime up 17-14...nope interception at mid field, go into half 17-17.

Post half LV driving, 3rd and 8 i think..PI Lattimore....td on 4th 1 at goaline lv up 24-17.

Saints get the ball pass pass...had that kamara fumble then pass pass pass punt the ball off....smh

LV drives...had that roughing the passer...LV fumbles anyway

Saints go 5 and out...punt...

the waller show begins around 12 min mark and 4th....the rest is history

It happens...it happened early in the season ....team will be fine imo.

LV whipped them in a couple areas, saints fell flat in more areas. We saw when it derailed.

Up 17-7 with 3min left...3rd and 10 had the Jordan penalty...LV scores 7, go on halftime up 17-14...nope interception at mid field, go into half 17-17.

Post half LV driving, 3rd and 8 i think..PI Lattimore....td on 4th 1 at goaline lv up 24-17.

Saints get the ball pass pass...had that kamara fumble then pass pass pass punt the ball off....smh

LV drives...had that roughing the passer...LV fumbles anyway

Saints go 5 and out...punt...

the waller show begins around 12 min mark and 4th....the rest is history

It happens...it happened early in the season ....team will be fine imo.
When the 5 and out drive happened after the LV fumble, wasn't that the same drive Saints had 3 penalties (2 holding) on the 5 plays?

When the 5 and out drive happened after the LV fumble, wasn't that the same drive Saints had 3 penalties (2 holding) on the 5 plays?

Just one....that hold on Murray on the 3rd down . Stalled mid field trying to hit Smith on that 3rd and 7. Peat went down on this drive also.

The reluctance to keep running the ball when it's working is maddening. If Kamara and Murray are getting stuffed at the LoS, then go ahead and pass. But they were running it well, so why pass every down after that? I don't advocate running the ball no matter what, but I just don't understand why they abandon the run when it's successful.

I’m not going to subscribe to a simple “LV had a better game plan”. We lost for 3 reasons:
  1. Penalties
  2. Poor tackling
  3. Poor defensive plan
The league median for penalty yards is 52. The Saints had 129 in this game and are averaging 125 for the two games. The poor tackling especially in the second half should be obvious to anyone. The defensive plan that let Waller get 12 receptions and left M Jenkins 1v1 for too many plays was just poor.

I’m not going to subscribe to a simple “LV had a better game plan”. We lost for 3 reasons:
  1. Penalties
  2. Poor tackling
  3. Poor defensive plan
The league median for penalty yards is 52. The Saints had 129 in this game and are averaging 125 for the two games. The poor tackling especially in the second half should be obvious to anyone. The defensive plan that let Waller get 12 receptions and left M Jenkins 1v1 for too many plays was just poor.
Their gameplan was to use the clock and force our LBs and nickle corners to keeo up with Jimmy Graham lite. It worked. On defense, their goal was to take away anything deep and force use either run or dink and donk the clock away. Well we don't run the ball so their job was easy. When they got the lead, they controlled the clock for the remainder of the game. Yes poor tackling and penalties was on us but that doesn't mean Oakland didn't effectively execute their gameplan.

FROM FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS

Las Vegas had 76 total plays while New Orleans had just 57. But the Saints gained more net yardage than the Raiders, 424-375. Even if you eliminate the meaningless 48-yard final Saints drive, the teams were nearly tied, 376-375.

The Saints gained 7.4 yards per play compared to just 4.9 yards per play for the Raiders. Each team had two turnovers, with the Saints' one interception balancing out two Raiders fumbles (one recovered by each team).

There's a big difference in this game, however, penalties. Oh man, there were a lot of penalties on the Saints in this game. The Saints took 10 penalties for 129 yards. The Raiders took only 3 penalties for 13 yards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom