Obama has us small town folk figured out (1 Viewer)

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them...And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
Mayhill Fowler: Obama: No Surprise That Hard-Pressed Pennsylvanians Turn Bitter - Off The Bus on The Huffington Post

So if you live in small town America and believe in gun rights, or religion, or a strong border policy, it's only because you're bitter over the last 25 years of economic policies. I get it. Thanks Obama. By the way, he made this analysis to a gathering of wealthy contributors in San Franscisco, who already no doubt have their own unique view of "fly-over country".

Last edited:
Change! Yes! We! Can!

Obama Said Knock You Out!!!

Should be interesting to see how Obamabarnicles explain this one away. It was a perfectly contructed paragraph until he begain the section with "So it's not surprising then.."

Nice, way to go bonehead.

So Obama's a free trader too? That sound you heard was Lou dobbs' head exploding. We KNOW Hillary's a free trader.

I'm not concerned nor surprised by Obama's deconstruction of the rural white voter. The book "What's the Matter With Kansas" made the point that Republican policies caused otherwise sober voters to cling to guns, religion, NASCAR, pickup trucks, and Rebel Flags in lieu of voting Democratic. Obama, like the son of an anthropologist that he is, was explaining this strange east coast stratum to the Marin County audience, which nodded in agreement. He showed "Deliverance" at the fundraiser just to drive the point home.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/esl2NNOtHQE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/esl2NNOtHQE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Obama's response

Obama came under fire from Hillary Clinton and John McCain for his remarks just weeks before the Pennsylvania primary.

"When I go around and I talk to people, there is frustration, and there is anger, and there is bitterness," Obama began. "I want to make a point here."

"[Pennsylvanians are] frustrated and for good reason, because for the last 25 years they’ve seen jobs shipped overseas, they’ve seen their economies collapse. They have lost their jobs, they’ve lost their pensions. They’ve lost their health care."

Obama then said that politicians from both sides of the aisle have promised answers but that "nothing ever happens

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

Most entertaining! :bravo-applaudi-147:

Now, if he can just get that terrible shoe polish taste out of his mouth...

Obama defends 'bitter' remarks
Posted: 10:03 PM ET

Sen. Obama responded to attacks on his recent remarks at a campaign stop in Terre Haute, Indiana Friday night.

TERRE HAUTE, Indiana (CNN) &#8211;- Barack Obama was forced Friday to defend comments he made at a recent fundraiser where he described some Pennsylvanians as "bitter."

Obama came under fire from Hillary Clinton and John McCain for his remarks just weeks before the Pennsylvania primary.

"When I go around and I talk to people, there is frustration, and there is anger, and there is bitterness," Obama began. "I want to make a point here."

"[Pennsylvanians are] frustrated and for good reason, because for the last 25 years they&#8217;ve seen jobs shipped overseas, they&#8217;ve seen their economies collapse. They have lost their jobs, they&#8217;ve lost their pensions. They&#8217;ve lost their health care."

Obama then said that politicians from both sides of the aisle have promised answers but that "nothing ever happens."

"So&#8230;they don&#8217;t vote on economic because they don&#8217;t expect anybody&#8217;s going to help them," Obama said, adding that they end up voting on issues that include gun rights, gay marriage, and faith.

He then directly hit Clinton and McCain, mocking their earlier attacks.

"Here&#8217;s what&#8217;s rich," Obama said. "Sen. Clinton says, 'Well I don&#8217;t think people are bitter in Pennsylvania. I think Barack&#8217;s being condescending.' John McCain says, 'Oh, how could he say that? How could he say people are bitter? He&#8217;s obviously out of touch with people. '"

"Out of touch?" Obama said. "I mean, John McCain, it took him three tries to finally figure out that the home foreclosure crisis was a problem and to come up with a plan for it, and he&#8217;s saying I&#8217;m out of touch?"

"Sen. Clinton voted for a credit card sponsored bankruptcy bill that made it harder for people to get out of debt after taking money from the financial services companies, and she says I&#8217;m out of touch?"

He concluded his argument by telling the audience that it is, in fact, the opposite.

"No. I&#8217;m in touch. I know exactly what&#8217;s going on. I know what&#8217;s going on in Pennsylvania, I know what&#8217;s going on in Indiana, [and] I know what&#8217;s going on in Illinois. People are fed up."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

just saw this post on another board:

To cut through the ^%$^%$ people like Obama spew.

quote:
<hr color="gray" size="1">"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them," Obama said. <hr color="gray" size="1">​

Unemployment rate in Pennsylvania 25 years ago this month:

13.5%

Unemployment rate in Pennsylvania right now:

4.9%

Too bad the idiots that were there, the idiots that see this on TV and the idiots that read it will never know that Barak served them a big steaming pie of %$#%$#%

The same idiots that voted for the current twice, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom