Obama - If Elected, Would Investigate Bush Administration For Possible Torture Crimes (1 Viewer)

I'm not even going to bother responding in kind with a flurry of links to the Korean occupation, Rape of Nanking, Bataan Death March, Unit 731, etc, etc, etc

par for the course

Then prosecute them for those crimes, with specific charges, not for waterboarding.

Either its torture and a war crime or its not...

...or it's torture and a war crime when they do it and not when we do it, which seems more likely.

Wonder if this is still an immediate justice department action?

I thought he was going to bring change and fix the country. Why chase deamons from the past.

:saywhat::crazy2:

Zero percent chance it would ever amount to anything. Rhetoric.

bingo. You think Obama wants to derail his agenda by deepening partisan divides right when he gets into office? There is no chance he will prosecute Bush.

Wonder if this is still an immediate justice department action?

Not sure why anyone would have a problem investigating potential crimes or the use of torture when you consider even Washington during the revolution refused to engage in torture the way the Brits would and said that if we were ever to be something exceptional we needed to never stoop to that low. My opinion, this will not happen due to the change in landscape of our nation, but I would have no problem if it did. If presidential witch hunts over oral sex are accepted I find it hard to understand why people are against investigating those that crossed the lines our founding fathers never wanted to cross and whether in the process they broke the law or lied to the american people.

But as you and several other posters have shown, you are already condemning Obama months before he will even sit down in the oval office. Just to let you know you are hurting your own credibility by being so blatantly partisan and determined to sling as much mud as you can to try and reinforce notions you and everyone else know will never change. Your like a gambling junky that is betting his entire credibility on one team to win the superbowl four years from now, except your betting everything that he will be a bad president after four years. The problem with both you and the gambler is you will never look objectively at the situation or try and and find positives in anything that doesnt end in the result you already think will happen.

Last edited:
I thought he was going to bring change and fix the country. Why chase deamons from the past.

Very pro law and order of you.

It's not like we're discussing an issue that took place during the Revolution. This is serious and I think his explanation was spot on. It's not going to be a witch-hunt, but we have to prosecute for crimes, if committed.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Don't do it.

Attachments

• Baretta_Season_2_and_3_and_4.jpg
    Baretta_Season_2_and_3_and_4.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 118
Hey AndyG, this thread was dug up from April 2008. At the time, candidate Obama's statement caused some ripples. Hillary declined to make the same commitment to prosecute, if I remember right. :hihi:

Obama is capable of just rhetoric?
I believe he meant just what he said.

"I think that you are right, if crimes have been committed, they should be investigated. You're also right that I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt because I think we've got too many problems we've got to solve. "

Maybe so it never happens again?

If they are talking about actual torture just to inflict pain and suffering then fine. But if they are going after them over "looked down upon" interrogation methods then its not fine. Someone has to be responsible for keeping this country safe.

Someone has to be responsible for keeping this country safe.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hopNAI8Pefg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hopNAI8Pefg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not sure why anyone would have a problem investigating potential crimes or the use of torture when you consider even Washington during the revolution refused to engage in torture the way the Brits would and said that if we were ever to be something exceptional we needed to never stoop to that low. My opinion, this will not happen due to the change in landscape of our nation, but I would have no problem if it did. If presidential witch hunts over oral sex are accepted I find it hard to understand why people are against investigating those that crossed the lines our founding fathers never wanted to cross and whether in the process they broke the law or lied to the american people.

But as you and several other posters have shown, you are already condemning Obama months before he will even sit down in the oval office. Just to let you know you are hurting your own credibility by being so blatantly partisan and determined to sling as much mud as you can to try and reinforce notions you and everyone else know will never change. Your like a gambling junky that is betting his entire credibility on one team to win the superbowl four years from now, except your betting everything that he will be a bad president after four years. The problem with both you and the gambler is you will never look objectively at the situation or try and and find positives in anything that doesnt end in the result you already think will happen.

But they had no problem with torture during the civil war on both sides. A quick question for the open-minded among us. How hard did you try and find the positives with the Bush administration? I know, they were so evil that there couoldn't possibly be any good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom