Obama in Baton Rouge now (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Good to see him here. Good to see Cassidy and Vitter but away their politics and stand behind the President. It was important that he waited so recovery efforts could be made. He credited FEMA for the hard work. Obama thanked first responders. Thank you POTUS.

Saintshizzle

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Uh Oh....Obama just did a no-no:

He just "Brownie'd" Craig Fugate with the "Doing a heckuva job" talk. That doesn't end well...historically.

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Uh Oh....Obama just did a no-no:

He just "Brownie'd" Craig Fugate. Doing a heckuva job talk. That doesn't end well...historically.
It's not so bad when they actually did do a heckuva job. The government response from Katrina to this flood was night and day, with far less warning. Maybe that's just because nobody was prepared in 2005 and we as a country learned from it, I don't know. But response from FEMA, the military, a local law enforcement/private citizens has been worlds better with this flood.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
POTUS showing mature, adult behavior again, as has been his sneaky, stealthy MO the last eight years.

No other politician could ever have devised such a crafty plan.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Republicans are gonna hate that he is meeting with the officers families. But I'm sure they will find a way to spin it to negative.

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
He also has stayed more than 5 minutes actually touring communities.
As opposed to who?

Trump arrived first , donated money and goods but as another thread illustrates that's either bad of him because it didn't fit some agenda, though there are some who would still complain if he had written them a personal check - he doesn't hold a political office and donated out of pocket and toured areas , met with people and spoke of the state at a later rally in another state , while some complain about lack of media coverage he brought what attention he could without holding a press conference onsite

Obama, while not living up to the criticism he had of Bush in terms of time , made it though he really didn't have much of a choice , he did state only having 5 months left he wasn't concerned about those that said he was "late" while also implying it shouldn't be political and that it wasn't about photo ops and then concluded with a photo op as stated by the network commentator but can't fault him for that not like he could say no, not sure if it's appropriate for a Prez to donate out of pocket or for that matter if he did silently which would be understandable

That leaves another player who to my knowledge hasn't said much of anything other that a tweet that could have been made by some assistant , she doesn't hold a political office any longer so she has a choice not to appear , she is a multi- millionaire and has a charitable foundation but there could be other obligations

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's not so bad when they actually did do a heckuva job. The government response from Katrina to this flood was night and day, with far less warning. Maybe that's just because nobody was prepared in 2005 and we as a country learned from it, I don't know. But response from FEMA, the military, a local law enforcement/private citizens has been worlds better with this flood.

I don't know enough to say whether this response has been good, but I moved to DC after Katrina and my first job involved regulatory work and I was following the agency agenda during that time - and there was substantial overhaul of the whole emergency-response system at the federal level. It would make sense and be a positive sign if people are seeing that those changes have been helpful.

OP
Domefan504

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Think i just found a press pic of the visit.

Hey Conservatives, Let's Compare Obama And Bush Vacations

Last December, CBS News reported that the number of vacation days President Obama has taken since the beginning of his presidency stood at 161 days. If you add the 28 days of vacation he has taken this year his total comes to 189 days. If you add his current vacation in Martha’s Vineyard to the mix that still puts him at under 200 days so far. Even if he took every day off the rest of his term in office that would only add an additional 153 days to his total – still placing him at less than half the vacation days of he predecessor.
However his predecessor, two-term President George W. Bush, took 879 days of vacation, including 77 trips to his Texas ranch according to a report by The Washington Post.
According to The Washington Post, “No modern president took less vacation than Jimmy Carter (79 days), while Ronald Reagan spent 335 days at his beloved California ranch.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom