Obama/Palin (Fox news) (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This guy on Fox news was just saying that if there is a tie in electoral votes that there is a way that we could end up with Obama/Palin ticket. I missed part of his explaination. Did anyone else see this? It was Bill Sammon saying it.

This guy on Fox news was just saying that if there is a tie in electoral votes that there is a way that we could end up with Obama/Palin ticket. I missed part of his explaination. Did anyone else see this? It was Bill Sammon saying it.

If there is an electoral college tie, the House would elect the President and the Senate would elect the Vice President. It's possible that the two houses could choose members of different parties, but it's virtually impossible for that scenario to occur this year given the Democratic control of the Senate.

If there is an electoral college tie, the House would elect the President and the Senate would elect the Vice President. It's possible that the two houses could choose members of different parties, but it's virtually impossible for that scenario to occur this year given the Democratic control of the Senate.

That about sums it up.

they were saying that the because of Cheney she would win the VP.

Or McKinney/Root?

because if Lieberman defects and votes for Palin, it'd be a 50/50 tie which is broken by the current VP.

Wow. What a mess that would be :1zhelp:

What would the scenario have to be like? Which states would have to be won, lost, etc.?

There is also some debate about WHICH congress does the electing. The current one, or the newly elected one. I read an article that says that there is some conflicting information in the Constitution regarding this, but don't remember the details.

But hey, when Congress gets involved, what could possibly go wrong?!

because if Lieberman defects and votes for Palin, it'd be a 50/50 tie which is broken by the current VP.

And that finishes the explanation. Thanks.

Call me crazy, and it wouldn't be the first time, but I would actually wear a Obama/Palin T shirt. That would be real Change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom