Obama picking up union endorsements (1 Viewer)

But I doubt you are TRULY interested in finding out and merely want to cast aspersions at someone there is no chance you would vote for anyway.

Amen. I think that's the real motive behind all the Obama substance talk. In all honesty he has given more substance than Hillary. He's explained how he will pay for his Healthcare plan and what it will cost. She hasn't. He's explained exactly who he will cut taxes for, who it will stay the same for and who the tax cuts will roll back on giving specific income brackets. She hasn't.

The substance argument is a canard for people who are too cool to like the popular kid.

Also, I heard an interesting segment on the Mark Levin show last night. Mark had a fill in ironically named Mark. He did a segment where he played clips from a 1992 Debate between Bill and George Bush. It sounded almost exactly like a debate between Hillary and Obama. The phrases were the same, the talking points exact.

Clinton was talking about how we needed change and he was that hope for change and how Bush's experience was exactly what America didn't need because it was the experience of the past.

Bush was talking about how hope without substance is a fantasy and how America has very tough challenges ahead of it and needed someone with experience from day one.

I was laughing my head of driving home. It was good stuff.

Edit: I found a link to the segment. Go here: http://www.marklevinshow.com/audio.php and choose yesterdays show. The segment is at the 14 minute mark into the show.

Amen. I think that's the real motive behind all the Obama substance talk. In all honesty he has given more substance than Hillary. He's explained how he will pay for his Healthcare plan and what it will cost. She hasn't. He's explained exactly who he will cut taxes for, who it will stay the same for and who the tax cuts will roll back on giving specific income brackets. She hasn't.

The substance argument is a canard for people who are too cool to like the popular kid.
Heck, the "substance" talk is always trotted out every year for some candidate or another. In fact most of the candidates don't have every bit of their platform nailed down with pages of documents that detail every thing they will do or support and why. Those few that do have detailed plans are almost universally viewed as wooden, boring, "wonky," robotic, etc.

Yech, I just hate this whole "my team/your team" rah-rah crap that comes with elections (and religion and many other things for that matter). The sad thing is we're going to have to deal with this FOREVER because people want SO MUCH to belong that they have to band together and pat each other on the back for being exactly like one another.
:smileypuker:
At least with sports it's entertainment. :gosaints:

Heck, the "substance" talk is always trotted out every year for some candidate or another. In fact most of the candidates don't have every bit of their platform nailed down with pages of documents that detail every thing they will do or support and why. Those few that do have detailed plans are almost universally viewed as wooden, boring, "wonky," robotic, etc.

Yech, I just hate this whole "my team/your team" rah-rah crap that comes with elections (and religion and many other things for that matter). The sad thing is we're going to have to deal with this FOREVER because people want SO MUCH to belong that they have to band together and pat each other on the back for being exactly like one another.
:smileypuker:
At least with sports it's entertainment. :gosaints:

Such is the nature of the pack animal. It must have it's herd. In the end those of us that don't consider ourselves as being that way really are. We may come to our conclusions differently but once we do we seek others that share them for the safety of the herd. It's our nature.

Exactly. Even when they do offer specifics, it's on individual keypoint issues and not within the larger context of a "governing policy".

"I'm going to provide universal health care for everyone!"

Really? How are you going to pay for it? Will it be in the form of universal healthcare coverage? Free Clinics? Price controls? etc?

But it's ridiculous to expect that. Look we aren't electing dictators here. The president doesn't even technically vote or propose legislation. The idea that you can just elect a president and whatever "detailed" policy he preached will just magically be implemented is laughable.

It never works out that way. He can push some aspects, but often has to sacrifice other parts of his platform (Clinton and his health care reform for instance, or the Elder Bush's and "Read my lips, no new taxes"). And all of it is negotiated, bargained, and modified before it ever hits the House or the Senate. None of it is recognizable when it comes out the end of the legislative "digestive" tract.

What you're looking for in a President is an overall "vision" and the leadership to provide that and then execute it. I think Obama has done a very, very good job projecting his "vision". I happen to disagree with it (though I strongly believe in him as an effective leader) but it's there. You just have to pay attention.

What you're looking for in a President is an overall "vision" and the leadership to provide that and then execute it.

That's it in a nutshell.

>>Want to dumb down America? Vote Democrat. The choice clearly is between satan and lucifer on the dems side. I don't see any improvement in any of the states they served in, oh wait, the states served them. "Femme nazi's vote clinton, minorities vote obama and intelligent people vote republican". Heard on a radio station, just curious for reactions. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the person saying it.

I'd ask my car's manufacturer for my money back on the radio. If that fails, maybe you can ask God to give you your time back.

:shrug:

TPS

Want to dumb down America? Vote Democrat. The choice clearly is between satan and lucifer on the dems side. I don't see any improvement in any of the states they served in, oh wait, the states served them. "Femme nazi's vote clinton, minorities vote obama and intelligent people vote republican". Heard on a radio station, just curious for reactions. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the person saying it.

I did notice a lot of Obama bumper stickers in the DC area, yet strangley enough, not a fisk on any of those vehicles. Just an Christian observation.

I have no idea which part of this is the idiocy you heard on the radio, and which part is just your own special inspiration. Consequently, I'm unsure of which trite labels to apply.

Not too trite. Any inspiration I have has been given by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Having said that, I do feel the prior radio was a little harsh, but abounds in truth. Bleeding heart liberal dems with me agenda's, pro abortion, etc, etc agenda's will ultimately lead to a crippled country. While the troops are protecting everyone's liberties and fighting terrorism, dems bemoan and beseech their lack of benefits and civil liberties. Liberties which have increased the degradism and violence in this country. Let's get this country back to where our forefathers meant it to be "one nation, under God".

Not too trite. Any inspiration I have has been given by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Having said that, I do feel the prior radio was a little harsh, but abounds in truth. Bleeding heart liberal dems with me agenda's, pro abortion, etc, etc agenda's will ultimately lead to a crippled country. While the troops are protecting everyone's liberties and fighting terrorism, dems bemoan and beseech their lack of benefits and civil liberties. Liberties which have increased the degradism and violence in this country. Let's get this country back to where our forefathers meant it to be "one nation, under God".

If we can return this country to where it once was, and roll back the 13th and 19th amendments, this entire election would simplify itself.

One can only dream, right?

Last edited:

And people worry about electing a Muslim :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom