Obama salutes the fallen (1 Viewer)

I give him props for doing it but I think he should have done it without the cameras present. when ask after why no pictures he could have said it was not the appropriate time nor place for pictures. makes everyone happy.

^this:plus-un2:

With no cameras around and once the story leaked, yes, that would tell me his motives were pure. Yeah, maybe I am jaded, but I don't think this bunch does anything without attention to political implications.

If there was no photo, you would say it never happened and they made it up.

Photo op, sure. But what other President has honored the fallen. To me it was a class act.

He's a politician, but he is also the CIC. I, as a retired military member, appreciate the gesture.

What are you basing that on? You are attacking the man for doing a good thing simply because it was captured on film. I don't understand your reasoning.

If he went without cameras, someone would have reported his presence.. and then drones would be out saying "Obama is just trying to make a story".

Stop turning this moment of respect for our troops into partisan, political nonsense because you don't like the man.
If it's simply about paying respects why is this the first time he's done it? These aren't the first troops to fall since he's been in office. What makes these so special and the rest not? This was the first time and since everyone saw it will probably be the last. I have no beef with Obama, I just call em how I see em.

So, let me get this straight....we should be ANGRY that he is doing this?

I mean, is this how far we have fallen in society where our President doing this is looked upon as a negative?
No, we should not be angry. All I'm saying is don't make it out to be more than it PROBABLY is.

I don't think it's a photo op. Now, W used to make a lot of these trips and not take photographers with him, but the important thing is to understand the sacrifice these men and women are making. I hope he makes more of these trips to Dover and Walter Reed.

I believe one of these fallen is from New Iberia. He was killed in Afghanistan in the last few days and was scheduled to be in Dover today or tomorrow.

Bush never made these trips.

Or, maybe he did and they just weren't publicized.:idunno:
No, he never made them. He met with the families...hundreds of families...in private. But Bush made it a point to not ever to go to Dover when the fallen were returning home.

No, he never made them. He met with the families...hundreds of families...in private. But Bush made it a point to not ever to go to Dover when the fallen were returning home.
You are correct sir. Now I remember hearing that on the radio. Much more personable and respectful to do it that way I think.

Personally, I don't believe it was a photo op at all and he was honoring the fallen soldiers.

My question to those that do believe it to be a photo op: why would a president want to have his picture taken next to caskets of fallen soldiers during a very unpopular war? He's talking about potentially increasing troop levels in Afghanistan while most Americans want the troops to be withdrawn.

It would seem to be a major miscalculation by Obama and his staff if they really thought having a photo op next a flag-drapped coffin was a great idea.

No, we should not be angry. All I'm saying is don't make it out to be more than it PROBABLY is.

What exactly are people making it out to be?

I see posters just stating Obama is showing respect. There is no huge upside to this story that you are implying.

So, what exactly am I missing?

Instead of wasting time, just admit you are doing this strictly because he is a Democrat who you didn't vote for. It saves us all the time of going around in a circle.

You are correct sir. Now I remember hearing that on the radio. Much more personable and respectful to do it that way I think.

You think its more personable and respectful to meet the families in person as do I. However, I think it would be just as well received by the new POTUS to visit the reception of the caskets.

I am not a fan of the President's policies but I believe that regardless of some of the perceived motiviations his actions were honorable and appreciated by those fallen heroes families.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom