Obama salutes the fallen (1 Viewer)

Ask yourself this, if the cameras weren't there, would he be? Doubt it.

So, let me get this straight....we should be ANGRY that he is doing this?

I mean, is this how far we have fallen in society where our President doing this is looked upon as a negative?

So, let me get this straight....we should be ANGRY that he is doing this?

I mean, is this how far we have fallen in society where our President doing this is looked upon as a negative?

You can't really put it any better than this.

Cable News Network Executives said:
You're welcome!

Partisan Diehards said:
Either with us or against us, dude!

A segment of this country has officially gone full retard.

600full-tropic-thunder-photo.jpg

Indeed. Simple Jack is on the internet.

Hey, one of the salutes passes muster! :ezbill:

For a good idea of what goes on at Dover, see the movie Taking Chance.
http://www.hbo.com/films/takingchance/

Truly awesome work that they do.

I give the president props for taking the time, trouble and effort to learn how to do a proper military salute.

I also give him credit for going to Dover in the wee hours of the morning to be present at the time of arrival.

He's trying. Lord knows, he's trying. Got to give him that.

why the **** would he want to be on tv, he is already the ****ing president. He is not running for office.

How would you have been impressed? You wouldn't have known. Like I said in my above post, if it had been reported without pictures, we would be discussing whether or not Obama was "just trying to make a story".
This. A segment of this country has officially gone full retard.

People who don't like Obama = photo op
People who like Obama = Not photo op

/end thread

Those who don't like Obama: "Photo Op!"
Those who like Obama: "Respectful."
Those who are neither A nor B: "Probably a little of both, but give the man credit for doing it."
I agree with wam and V on this. As far as where I fall, I 'm in the neither A nor B group.

For a good idea of what goes on at Dover, see the movie Taking Chance.
http://www.hbo.com/films/takingchance/

Truly awesome work that they do.

Great movie. I admit my eyes watered at times during. Of course I'm sure it was something in my eye at the time. :hihi:

Last edited:
Everything any President does, happens to be a photo-op. When you have a traveling press corp everywhere you go, there is not much you can do without having the picture taken. Whether he did it for a photo-op or out of true compassion does not matter, the picture would be taken either way.

There is only one person that can truly answer this question and that is Obama. He is the only one that really knows why he did it. As for myself, I do not know the man personally and I can not say one way or the other as to why he did it. I am certainly not an Obama supporter but to question his motive is not my place. If you want my opinion, I will say that he did it out of compassion because any other reason would be horribly sickening and I do not think a man such as himself would do such a thing.

I give him props for doing it but I think he should have done it without the cameras present. when ask after why no pictures he could have said it was not the appropriate time nor place for pictures. makes everyone happy.

If it is under secrecy how do we know about it?

Bulldawg - I am saying former like you.

ps

I am not a fan of Obama so take that Wamland and V and others...:mwink:

These types of issues aren't even really that clear cut. For all we know, he is deeply moved by the loss of soldiers. Still, he might then say, "If I show the country how I am moved, I might score some political capital." But who knows? It is tough to judge someone's motives, so why even bother in this case? We know he is doing the right thing, whether it is for the right reasons or not. I am going to go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt.

I personally think that most negative comments form Obama non-supporters. Those servicemen coming home from Afghanistan in a box is not what any of us wish for. None of us here know what the Commander in Chief was thinking or how he felt. But, I will bet my last dollar that he wasnt sitting back saying, "What a great opportunity for a photo !" Let's be realistic, it was one of the deadliest days of the war in Afghanistan that he did not start, but inherited. Being there could have a been a huge eye opener to him and the rest of the country. As a war of Operation Desert Shield / Storm and Operation Provide Promise in Bosnia, I would have liked the President to be there if i would have came back in a flag enveloped box. Reality Check. This is not and was not a photo-op. Anything that he does, he is heavily scrutinized. How much more patriotic can he be. Unprecedented. Its the respect that matters.

I agree on one comment, "A Marine must have taught him a proper salute".

Semper Fi

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom