"Obama slammed by speakers at McCain rally" (1 Viewer)

How exactly is the left going to use McCain's POW status against him? If anything, it is one of McCain's biggest assets. One could argue that he helped to catapult himself back into the race when he said he was "tied-up" during Woodstock. Even his Christmas ad highlighted an experience he had when he was a POW.

If the left starts to use McCain's service against him, they can kiss independents, and the all-important white male vote goodbye. McCain does have some skeletons though, which could muddy the waters.

One thing to remember, if we do have a McCain/Obama race, is that they have a history of not getting along and we could see it spiral out of control. I hope not, and I have felt since the start of this campaign that Obama/McCain provides the best chance for a civil race.

This was the EXACT same thing said about Kerry back in 03 right before he was nominated, that because he was a purple heart vietnam vet this would be one of his strong suits(because he was opposing the war), but of course they were able to make his vietnam experience out to be a fraud/lie and that it was all done for "political gain."

no they just going to attach mccains age. he's too old. he is the past, obama is the future.

all that matters is vote for who puts the most money in your pocket.

Obama, for a time, rather indelicately cited McCain's "half century of service". Obama simply has to lay off what Rove called "trashtalking". "You're likable enough, Hillary."

Use JFK-Nixon as a precedent. Clinton-Dole was an incumbent campaign with a popular President. Nixon was a third term of stagnancy and a ficticious "missile gap".

Obama, for a time, rather indelicately cited McCain's "half century of service". Obama simply has to lay off what Rove called "trashtalking". "You're likable enough, Hillary."

Use JFK-Nixon as a precedent. Clinton-Dole was an incumbent campaign with a popular President. Nixon was a third term of stagnancy and a ficticious "missile gap".

Exactly.

It really, really is just a popularity contest.

I disagree. The way it is shaping up, and as long as both candidates repudiate any malicious attacks made by their respective party's fringe elements, makes me believe that this general election will be one of the more substantive ones that we've had in recent memory.

Alas, repudiation won't turn the volume down on the "drunken uncle" segment of our electorate.

Bill Cunningham was the talk show host who dropped "Hussein" into his introduction. trouble is, he ALWAYS refers to Obama by his full name. He replaced Matt Drudge's Sunday night talk show, and the program has gone to pot. drudge always put in some Hollywood gossip, but Cunningham is pure torture. He is the host who worked in references to the World Net Daily accusation against Obama and a Minnesota man.

I blame the advance men working for McCain. If this is evidence of their research and preparation, allowing a known loose cannon to tarnish the campaign out of the box, then we should simply cancel the election, spare the nation the trouble of following this dog and pony show, and put Barack HUSSEIN Obama in the WH.

Neigh, neigh, woof, woof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom