Obama sponsors "Gobal Poverty Act" Bill...Let's Discuss! (1 Viewer)

(Poll Closed, Bad Premise) Should the U.S. give the UN $845 billion under the Global Poverty Act?

• Yes, it's a worthy endeavor.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • No, we should not.

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Something else, I'll explain.

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
AIM is the Right's version of Soros' & Hillary's "Media Matters," True. :hihi:

The 0.7 number is the goal of the United Nations Millennium Declaration (UNMD).

If I recall correctly, Hillary and Walter Cronkite and a parade of folks have cozied up to various aspects of the UNMD.

The 0.7 commitment actually originated 35 years ago and was not included in the UN Millennium Declaration Goals mentioned by S.2433. It was, however, recommended in the 2002 Monterrey Consensus which President Bush agreed to.

I wonder how many people who voted 'no' also think that Ronald Reagan was a good president. lol

I am not against the bill in and of itself. I just have no faith in the UN's ability to oversee the distribution of the wealth to the impoverished nations. So much of our foreign debt relief is wasted, I'm sure this will be too.

How about we cut the middle man and appoint an American task force to send our money when and where we, as Americans, see fit?

It's past time we quit arming, blowing up, rebuilding, and feeding the rest of the world.

How about AMERICAN FRIGGIN POVERTY ACT BILL!!!!!!!! Bridges falling down !! The electric grid in the north east!! KATRINA still not addressed properly!!! and we are going to send 840 BILLION to other countries!!! That is simply absurd!!!!!!!!

But isn't that what we are doing in Iraq? Conservatives will trash this bill as wasteful spending while they continue to push for more funding for the War.

More ideas like that and Obama can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Au contraire, this only adds to his burgeoning myth. Born in a manger, attended to by the three wise men RFK, MLK, and JFK bearing the gifts of oratory, collectivism, and mulatto coloring, we can atone for sin through his election- well, perhaps just the greed sin.

The real Jesus was crucified. The contemporary Jesus is the subject of the usual spot-on Mark Steyn column linked below. I will add that an Obama execution, should it occur, will complete his political narrative, particularly if the assassin is the West Wing TV show- contrived version. Bartlett's assasin was a white skinhead neo-Nazi right wing extremist objecting to first family miscegenation.

Obama was sent to earth for our own good. He is a gift requiring only our vote, from which only good things will follow.

"I heard his speech, and it sent a tingle up my leg"
-Chris Matthews, who did not attribute the sensation to his diabetes and consequent neuropathy

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/obama-barack-america-1981504-new-first

And the West Wing link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYF6_dsdRw&feature=related

Last edited:
How about we cut the middle man and appoint an American task force to send our money when and where we, as Americans, see fit?

They have a name for that task force... Congress. It doesn't always work well, though.

I just hope that another country doesn't decide to invoke the Bush Doctrine and invade the US since we haven't complied with UN Resolution 2626.

Heck, it's already happening!!!!!! Haven't you heard about the Mexican invasiion.:hihi:

If this contributions means that the money goes to things like Katrina relief and paying for actions in Iraq & Afghanistan it's a bargain. If the money goes elsewhere, then it's a problem. My big problem was the "coalition" forces that wanted Iraq so badly didn't put up their share.

So can anyone cite a legitimate source or point to the part of the bill that details the required expenditures? AIM claimed Republicans, Ken Starr, and Fox News participated in conspiracies to protect the Clintons, so they aren't the highest caliber source.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom