Obama to visit New Orleans in mid-October (1 Viewer)

I never said one wasnt. The initial point someone made was "liberal" was used often as an insult or derogatory comment.

Then you said "Oh yeah? Well people use conservative as an insult!" (which doesnt really respond to the initial post, but rather deflects from it by trying to point out how the "other side" does the same thing)

and lots of us said "No, not really... 'far right' maybe..."

and so then you said "Then why isnt far left an insult???" (which doesnt really respond to the post, but merely tries to deflect it by pointing out some kind of hypocrisy that doesnt exist, because I *will* use far left as an insult)

So, do you see how your post has nothing to do with the initial point? People respond to you, but instead of responding to them, you just switch the subject to "Oh yeah? the other side does the same thing"

Sure. Okay. As you wish--anyone who seeks clarity or disagrees with what you are saying is wrong. I get it.

For the record: at no time would I *ever* say it was okay for one side to do something wrong because the other side was doing it too. I have called out people in the past for saying, essentially, that two wrongs made a right. Call it projection, call it deflection, but your accusation against me holds no water.

Oh, OK. So just because the President is on record along with the Speaker of the House, stating they support converting illegals into citizens, I should not have any concerns what so ever? Thanks for taking that stress off me. Sorry I even mentioned it.
Glad to be of service. Next time you need some enlightenment, don't hesitate to contact me. Glad to help a fellow Saints fan. :9:

I'm in the middle party BTW and I feel America has more pressing problems, not just political ones.

Every problem has a political component, it's basic social science.

Since all elected officials are political by their very existence, do you want all elected officials to do nothing on every problem? Should Jindal make no more speachs cuz it might be viewed as self serving?

Would you be happier if something actually got done, as opposed to the media circus, repetition of stale platitudes and empty gestures?

First hand experience of a situation without getting all your info through action reports or emails is a doing something.

Hands on interaction with local officials and local officials getting a chance to say their piece without filtering is a good thing and is doing something.

There is a way to make sure nothing ever gets done; by not doing anything. You might think he should do MORE but he isn't giving the region his middle finger.

As stated above, when Bush visited, it gave national press coverage to the issue which is the best awareness and advertising the region could hope for. We would all like him to fix all the problems and write a check for 4 billion dollars, Galveston would like a check for 4 billion, Florida, Samoa, Detroit, and the Philippines would all like him to drop everything and give them each 4 billion dollars. It ain't going to happen.

You can't look every gift horse in the mouth.

Every problem has a political component, it's basic social science.

Since all elected officials are political by their very existence, do you want all elected officials to do nothing on every problem? Should Jindal make no more speachs cuz it might be viewed as self serving?

Aristotle said "Man is by nature a political animal." But I think it's patronizing when a politician comes down from Washington for little more than the political exposure. Same thing goes for the man going to Denmark to petition the olympics. There are more pressing national issues that affect people right now. SO to that extent, I don't want a politician serving me. I want someone who will work for the people and not just serve himself.

Glad to be of service. Next time you need some enlightenment, don't hesitate to contact me. Glad to help a fellow Saints fan. :9:

Can you do anything about my mother-in-law? :hihi:

First hand experience of a situation without getting all your info through action reports or emails is a doing something.

Hands on interaction with local officials and local officials getting a chance to say their piece without filtering is a good thing and is doing something.

There is a way to make sure nothing ever gets done; by not doing anything. You might think he should do MORE but he isn't giving the region his middle finger.

As stated above, when Bush visited, it gave national press coverage to the issue which is the best awareness and advertising the region could hope for. We would all like him to fix all the problems and write a check for 4 billion dollars, Galveston would like a check for 4 billion, Florida, Samoa, Detroit, and the Philippines would all like him to drop everything and give them each 4 billion dollars. It ain't going to happen.

You can't look every gift horse in the mouth.
Galveston doesn't have a coastal erosion problem caused by a Federal project that altered the natural condition of the wetlands, for the worse. I don't want a check for property damage.

Just reverse the environmental damage, kind of like they are already working on in the Everglades...

it's patronizing when a politician comes down from Washington for little more than the political exposure.

That is a guess on your part on what his motivation is. But let's assume it is completelyselfish on his part. Can we not benefit from it?

That is a guess on your part on what his motivation is. But let's assume it is completelyselfish on his part. Can we not benefit from it?

It's not that we benfit, but it's the ulterior motive that bothers me. He's really not here to help anyone but himself. You know a photoshop picture with him, the dome and the river would suffice. Or he could just do another fly over manhattan in Air force one. which do you think would be least costly and most beneficial?

Sure, you want to bet a month of not posting?
I want in on this.

If Obama speaks at Dillard, you don't post for a month I don't post for the following month.

If Obama doesn't speak at Dillard, Shockmo doesn't post for 2 months.

Will someone counter this?

It's not that we benfit, but it's the ulterior motive that bothers me. He's really not here to help anyone but himself. You know a photoshop picture with him, the dome and the river would suffice. Or he could just do another fly over manhattan in Air force one. which do you think would be least costly and most beneficial?
God forbid the leader of our country come to a city still struggling with rebuilding from the largest natural disaster in the US in recent history, and bring exposure and attention to us to help things get back on track.

Even if his intentions were purely selfish (which they arent at all, but I fell like there will never be any convincing you otherwise about anything he does) then it STILL helps the city. So big freaking deal. If it helps the city, and doesnt hurt anything else, why do you even care what his intentions are?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom