Obama to visit New Orleans in mid-October (1 Viewer)

Well hopefully he'll announce all those stimulus funds that are going to be shifted into a state of the art coastal restoration project aimed at restoring the flow of the Mississippi and closing off those shipping channels.

Or maybe not...

Id like to be on the positive side here, and you never know and stuff, but....I think its a photo op/speaking opportunity. Not that this is something unusual for any president, methinks.

no, being facetious-- i think that Barry should've visited NOLA earlier in his term if he is a serious about making the renewal effort a priority... but he does have an awful lot on his plate, so i'm willing to let him slide a bit.

i dont know man, he's only a little more than 6 months into his first year as president, its pretty early in his term. anyway besides being excited about a chance to see the president in person, im actually glad that new orleans is still on the national radar this long after Katrina. given the growing concern over federal spending, the amount of time passed since the storm (decreased sense of empathy and urgency to rebuild), and the blossoming influence of glenn beck types who have long advocated that new orleans be abandoned, im not so sure he is going to earn much in the way of political brownie points by visiting new orleans. sure most locals will be grateful, but nationally the reaction could be more indifferent or even hostile.

this is right after he is going to Holland to pitch Chicago for the 2016 olympics. I think this is purely political. It's just another way to keep everyone's mind off the health care debacle. Where was he Aug. 29?

no, being facetious-- i think that Barry should've visited NOLA earlier in his term if he is a serious about making the renewal effort a priority... but he does have an awful lot on his plate, so i'm willing to let him slide a bit.

I'd be interested to see how you would have responded if you weren't "letting him slide" considering the sarcasm and disdain you earlier post contained.

where are they holding the indoctrination camp for the kids??

i want to being my son

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom