Obama to visit New Orleans in mid-October (1 Viewer)

Holy ****.

At some point we, as people, need to be able to hear something concerning an elected official and not immediately retreat back into red and blue camps.

Obama coming to New Orleans is a good thing. Obama campaigning for the Olympics is a good thing. I don't care which party you're on.

I'm trying to remember, but was anyone on the Left upset whenever Bush came to New Orleans? I'm sure there were, but I for one was happy every time he came down and put the city in the spotlight again.

The overblown cynicism is just absurd.

Holy ****.

At some point we, as people, need to be able to hear something concerning an elected official and not immediately retreat back into red and blue camps.

Obama coming to New Orleans is a good thing. Obama campaigning for the Olympics is a good thing. I don't care which party you're on.

I'm trying to remember, but was anyone on the Left upset whenever Bush came to New Orleans? I'm sure there were, but I for one was happy every time he came down and put the city in the spotlight again.

Yeah Obama coming here is a good thing.. when unemployment is going to hit 10 percent by this Friday's analysis. It's cool that Obama goes to campaign for the olypics just to get Mayor Daly's numbers up at the polls. Wake up man, this guy is doing little for the American people and more for himself and the cronies he works with. I'm in the middle party BTW and I feel America has more pressing problems, not just political ones.

Yeah Obama coming here is a good thing.. when unemployment is going to hit 10 percent by this Friday's analysis. It's cool that Obama goes to campaign for the olypics just to get Mayor Daly's numbers up at the polls. Wake up man, this guy is doing little for the American people and more for himself and the cronies he works with. I'm in the middle party BTW and I feel America has more pressing problems, not just political ones.
Lurk more.

He should have come for the anniversary. I think he told us with his non-presense then exactly where we stand in his priorities. The man gives a great speech, but it is actions that matter.

Holy ****.

Cynicism is earned.

Bush came here too.

What has happened?

It's going to be 5 years soon since Katrina. Between the the last two administrations close to $2 trillion dollars will have been borrowed and spent on top of all the other boondoggles on bailouts and stimulus.

How much of that has been devoted to coastal restoration?

They can keep the photo ops. Really.

Stay in dc AND JUST DO SOMETHING. Get a fraction of that cash aimed at the real problem, not at band-aids.

You're arguing about something totally different.

I think Bush was the worst President of the last century, yet I was still happy whenever he went to New Orleans.

Skulk more.

Sorry. I just find that people that tend to paint a caricature of a person or group as being equivalent to an inherent manifestation of absolute corruption and evil, while dismissing or attacking anyone who views things differently, tend to not bring much value to the discussion.

if the USA hosted the olympics it would boost national GDP by billions of dollars. did you factor that into your analysis?

You're arguing about something totally different.

I think Bush was the worst President of the last century, yet I was still happy whenever he went to New Orleans.
Would you be happier if something actually got done, as opposed to the media circus, repetition of stale platitudes and empty gestures?

if the USA hosted the olympics it would boost national GDP by billions of dollars. did you factor that into your analysis?
Its hard to when you instinctively only look, or have the willingness to accept, one side of an argument.

Any White House presence is a good thing. I sure wish he was more focused on preventing the proximate causes of the disaster rather then simply the Federal response to it though.

The White House also said that in order to improve disaster recovery efforts nationally, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan will lead a six-month effort to examine lessons learned during previous catastrophic disaster recovery efforts, areas for improved collaboration between federal agencies and between the federal government and state and local governments and stakeholders.

According to the White House, the effort also will review federal disaster recovery programs for efficacy and review methods...

Any White House presence is a good thing. I sure wish he was more focused on preventing the proximate causes of the disaster rather then simply the Federal response to it though.
Now this I can get on board with.

Would you be happier if something actually got done, as opposed to the media circus, repetition of stale platitudes and empty gestures?

Of course he would. He's entirely right though, the token of presence, token that it may be, still counts for something.

Rather we focus on what I consider an improper focus (Federal response as opposed to Federal prevention) personally.

its not like nothing has been done since the storm. some of us have been working hard to rebuild the city.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom