Obama's democratic eulogy (1 Viewer)

Mojomajik9

Team Gleason
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Well for all the talk about the GOP dying look at the Dems. Republicans control more state houses, governors, congress, now the White House and soon the Supreme Court. Remember Texas turning blue and there never being another GOP president? Instead the Midwest turned red. Obama has oversaw a devastating loss of down ballot Dems. Their bench for up coming elections isn't very deep. It's going to be an interesting postmortem.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Demographics are on the democrats side.

If Trump does what he promised to do, it only makes the demographics problem worse for the Republicans.

Time is ticking white people

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Well for all the talk about the GOP dying look at the Dems. Republicans control more state houses, governors, congress, now the White House and soon the Supreme Court. Remember Texas turning blue and there never being another GOP president? Instead the Midwest turned red. Obama has oversaw a devastating loss of down ballot Dems. Their bench for up coming elections isn't very deep. It's going to be an interesting postmortem.
They talk about being the party of progress, but shunned a progressive movement. Hillary ran for keeping the status quo. This will be good for the Democratic party if it does much needed house cleaning. The third way appears to no longer be viable. This was a huge blow to the corporate democrat, pro establishment branch of the party.

Mojomajik9

Team Gleason
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

If Trump does what he promised to do, it only makes the demographics problem worse for the Republicans.

And this is why Hillary lost. Demographics were supposed to be in her favor this election. Many of the white people who voted for Trump voted for Obama 4 years before. Telling people you're actively celebrating their demise or mocking them (the John Oliverization of politics) is going to guarantee Dem losses.

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
And this is why Hillary lost. Demographics were supposed to be in her favor this election. Many of the white people who voted for Trump voted for Obama 4 years before. Telling people you're actively celebrating their demise or mocking them (the John Oliverization of politics) is going to guarantee Dem losses.
For this to be true, Trump would have seen an increase in total number of votes. That didn't happen. It appears that Democrats either stayed home, or voted third party(like me). That's more of a repudiation of Clinton.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Find a better candidate. Work with rural America.

Done.

Overall, the message wasn't shot down.

OP
Bronson

Bronson

used to be 6 foot 4
Reaction score
Obama's arrogance contributed as much

We've never seen a current president vilify and condemn so harshly an opposing party's nominee

He was essentially telling the same people he discounted the past 8 years, "Trust me again. Vote for my candidate"

If he and the media allowed people to form their own opinions, we may have a different outcome today

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And the Senate did shift a bit towards Democrats, just not enough to take it. The Republicans also lost 9 seats in the house (or just 5, with 4 seats still in question)

Obviously both still have majorities, but not as much.

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Wait what....?

Have you been watching the news..?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
people will try to tell us the whys and wherefores of this election for years to come, but it's going to take a llooonnngggg time to sort it out
you can't really talk about the R strategy b/c there wasn't one - more were running against Trump (or being very hushed) than running with him
there was no national platform anyone was running on
This was a white tantrum that had little to do with anything (traditional Rs took it on the chin just as hard in the primaries) - no one knows what it's all about b/c there's no logic to it - it was emotional and petulant

heck if Comey doesn't put his face where it has no business being, we're probably not even having this conversation

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
people will try to tell us the whys and wherefores of this election for years to come, but it's going to take a llooonnngggg time to sort it out
you can't really talk about the R strategy b/c there wasn't one - more were running against Trump (or being very hushed) than running with him
there was no national platform anyone was running on
This was a white tantrum that had little to do with anything (traditional Rs took it on the chin just as hard in the primaries) - no one knows what it's all about b/c there's no logic to it - it was emotional and petulant

heck if Comey doesn't put his face where it has no business being, we're probably not even having this conversation
There's going to be a massive disagreement on spending soon. Wining hides some ills, but the party isn't unified. They're just in charge.

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

HC dishonesty and the divisive hate speech like this is why Trump won

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
HC dishonesty and the divisive hate speech like this is why Trump won

lol there's no hate speech there. I'm white, and not a word of it was hate speech.

I'll give you divisive, but I just assume that you people love divisiveness since you voted for it's avatar.

Rugger

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

lol there's no hate speech there. I'm white, and not a word of it was hate speech.

I'll give you divisive, but I just assume that you people love divisiveness since you voted for it's avatar.
Really because I see more divisive hate speech coming from the left at a much more frequent rate than the right. It seems the left have adopted "we are all for unity as long as you agree with us and hate white people." Really the left has become what they claim to be against. It is a sad state for the left.

For this to be true, Trump would have seen an increase in total number of votes. That didn't happen. It appears that Democrats either stayed home, or voted third party(like me). That's more of a repudiation of Clinton.
I voted for Obama then and I voted Trump now. What seems to be very difficult for many to understand is that a significant amount of people are turned off by the endless divisive rhetoric. All the media wanted to talk about last night was what race was voting for who. It has become an obsession and while I agree that there is and always will be work to do in this area, to pretend that there is progression is a lie. There is no longer a desire to have discussion. It is only about us vs. them. It is something that turned me off personally.

That said it was not my primary reason for voting Trump. I am tired of the political ********. I am tired of politicians campaigning on issues that the country feels are important and then give them the proverbial finger after they get into office. Hillary has made a career of being exactly what is wrong in Washington. Her whole campaign was centered on being divisive.

If Sanders would have gotten the primary, I would have leaned toward him and my decision would have been much more difficult, but with Hillary winning the primary, my choice was a bit easier. I don't want to complain about what I see as glaring issues with our country and then vote for the same ole same ole. She IMO represents everything that is wrong in Washington. I wanted an outsider. I wanted someone who is not a career politician. It was a big reason why I voted for Obama and I have a strong feeling that I am one of many.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom