Obi-wan Kenobi series (1 Viewer)

I took it as she was gonna kill Luke in revenge for what Anakin did. What better way to get back at Vader than killing his son? Imagine how mad Vader would be if she kills Luke, then tells Vader, I found out you had a son, and guess what, I KILLED HIM! Thats a pretty good angle for revenge.
She didn't make that turn until she had second thoughts about killing Luke. She was set on payback for Vader the entire time. She didn't care about Obi Wan living or dying as long as she could get to Vader (with his clouded mind while obsessed with Obi wan).
Mind blown. Never even considered that…. Honest to God you have just changed the ending episode for me. That makes the ending a hell of a lot better.

It is
Fairly straightforward even
Some seem too invested in their takes from ep 1 that they can’t adjust with the story
And some people seem to interested in focusing on one complaint. My God man let it go. I don’t buy her acting as screechy scary. I loved her quiet and menacing. I felt she sold that aspect of her character way better.

And some people seem to interested in focusing on one complaint. My God man let it go. I don’t buy her acting as screechy scary. I loved her quiet and menacing. I felt she sold that aspect of her character way better.
tbf, this is a discussion platform, so if you continue to bring up a topic, it will be discussed

now tbc, I think the the anti-Reva stuff is more akin to anti Skylar White takes than anything else. And I think that dynamic is informative. We have a bunch of fans identify with Walt at the beginning so have natural antipathy fir Skylar- but then we get scene after scene showing that Walt is almost a complete yutz and Skylar is justified in every bit of anger she has - but certain fans can’t evolve from their initial Walt live even when the show’s creator makes it abundantly clear that Walt is the bad guy

So here we have you, a very intelligent guy, who missed a not very subtle catharsis bc you hate a character/performance- the suggestion is made to maybe investigate your snap judgements so you can enjoy the story more

Sorry for being pedantic

I like to watch reactions on YouTube to see how people respond to things. If you have time there are some great reactions to the best moments in this series. The dude from Star Wars Theory straight up wept when he saw
Qui-Gon

It's cool to see how emotionally invested people are in these characters. Glad I'm not the only one. As a child of the 80s I grew up with Star Wars. I think that's why I'm so wrapped up in it. There was nothing else even close back then. Marvel was a joke when I was growing up in terms of live action stuff. They had the Hulk series and a few C grade movies. At one point the best Marvel movie was The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren lol.

Hopefully Disney can build off of the momentum of the Disney+ shows. I thought I was done with Star Wars after seeing what they did do Luke, Han, and Leia. But they have built back enough goodwill with me that I'm starting to dare to have a little faith in them. Andor please keep this train running!

tbf, this is a discussion platform, so if you continue to bring up a topic, it will be discussed

now tbc, I think the the anti-Reva stuff is more akin to anti Skylar White takes than anything else. And I think that dynamic is informative. We have a bunch of fans identify with Walt at the beginning so have natural antipathy fir Skylar- but then we get scene after scene showing that Walt is almost a complete yutz and Skylar is justified in every bit of anger she has - but certain fans can’t evolve from their initial Walt live even when the show’s creator makes it abundantly clear that Walt is the bad guy

So here we have you, a very intelligent guy, who missed a not very subtle catharsis bc you hate a character/performance- the suggestion is made to maybe investigate your snap judgements so you can enjoy the story more

Sorry for being pedantic
Dude simple words man. It’s hard when I have to get a dictionary and a professor to understand.

The fight scene was fun!

The rest -- i mean, its Star Wars so a large degree of clunkiness is expected, but dayum - hard to ignore stuff like a star destroyer being completely outrun by an unarmed space bus full of civilians. And we just have to live with the retconning of Leia's message in A New Hope.. and Obi_Wan just showing up on Alderaan in public? Also how do you tease Qui Gon for the entire series but only bring him back in the closing, ride off into the sunset scene? Huh?

Also they totally nerfed light sabers - from a cut you in half weapon to a minor flesh wound. A glowing butter knife....

I dunno. I know there's a dozen more shows coming but I hope they lean further into the non-OG Star Wars characters -

Last edited:

Sorry for being pedantic
Ok, Siskel.

Fans can't evolve, missed a not so very subtle catharsis... don't stop there, you could reach even higher...

You want to like the character because reasons. Myself, I think that, if the character is completely removed from the series, it is a better series.

The fight scene was fun!

The rest -- i mean, its Star Wars so a large degree of clunkiness is expected, but dayum - hard to ignore stuff like a star destroyer being completely outrun by an unarmed space bus full of civilians.

And the space bus taking barrage after barrage, and still being in one piece.

The writing in this series was very suspect, well, no, it was guilty :hihi:

I took it as she was gonna kill Luke in revenge for what Anakin did. What better way to get back at Vader than killing his son? Imagine how mad Vader would be if she kills Luke, then tells Vader, I found out you had a son, and guess what, I KILLED HIM! Thats a pretty good angle for revenge.
She didn't make that turn until she had second thoughts about killing Luke. She was set on payback for Vader the entire time. She didn't care about Obi Wan living or dying as long as she could get to Vader (with his clouded mind while obsessed with Obi wan).
Exactly what I was thinking as well. I thought it was obvious.

As for the last episode. It was full on Star Wars. The OBW-Vader duel and Reva going after Luke was an interesting secondary scene during the duel. You had Reva fueled by her desire to get revenge on Vader and the Dark side or the Force battling the Light throughout the show. The complaints, I understand, but they're just part of the Star Wars way of story telling. Stuff like that doesn't bother me at all. I thought the series overall was solid and I enjoyed it like most Star Wars fans did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom