Obi-wan Kenobi series (1 Viewer)

Were you told this was a documentary?

Cute.

What I am saying is this: Maul could not have possibly beat Kenobi because the overall story needs Kenobi alive for ANH, not based on the ability displayed on screen. Maul should've killed Kenobi in TFM: Maul fight against Jinn and Kenobi with ease, Maul kills the master, but then the padawan in a fit of rage is able to cut Maul in 2.... and that only happens, again, because Kenobi needs to be alive for ANH.

Well, AKSHUALLY…

Ahsoka was trying to bring Maul in alive, so he could identify Darth Sideous.

In Rebels, Obi Wan had to kill Maul b/c Maul realized Kenobi was on Tatooine to watch over The Chosen One. He couldn’t risk leaving Maul alive.
Nice
All true

By lore, Mace Windu was the greatest lightsaber duelist in Jedi history. In live-action, he beat the Emperor who easily killed three other Jedi. In cartoons, the Emperor also fought Maul and Savage Oppress and easily wiped the floor with them.

Mace not only beat him, but honestly, he did so pretty easily. Obi would have lasted 30 seconds against Palpatine.

By lore, Mace Windu was the greatest lightsaber duelist in Jedi history. In live-action, he beat the Emperor who easily killed three other Jedi. In cartoons, the Emperor also fought Maul and Savage Oppress and easily wiped the floor with them.

Mace not only beat him, but honestly, he did so pretty easily. Obi would have lasted 30 seconds against Palpatine.
It's my belief that Palpatine allowed himself to be beat so that he could finish turning Anakin.

It's my believe that Palpatine allowed himself to be beat so that he could finish turning Anakin.

If we were going only by what we have seen on screen that would be a fair take. In print, Palpatine states Mace was the only person to ever best him.

In fairness, I take everything in print with a grain of salt because they ignore it completely onscreen when necessary.

I thought so also. That's no slight to Windu tho. He had mad skills and was strong enough to kill Palpatine in the right situation imo.

But later Yoda took it to Palpatine with the light saber, too. He lost because of the senate pods, not his light saber skills. So if Yoda could hang/better Palpatine with the saber and Mace is greater than Yoda, then Mace should have been able to beat Palpatine?

But later Yoda took it to Palpatine with the light saber, too. He lost because of the senate pods, not his light saber skills. So if Yoda could hang/better Palpatine with the saber and Mace is greater than Yoda, then Mace should have been able to beat Palpatine?

I think the use of the Force is part of the lightsaber duel. Obi largely beat Vader by throwing rocks at him. Vader beat Luke by throwing things at him (at least greatly weakened him).

I'd say using the Force in a lightsaber duel is no different than a kick or headbutt in a sword fight. It's still a measure of your skill and ability. It almost makes Mace even more impressive because he really only ever uses the lightsaber and only the lightsaber.

I think the use of the Force is part of the lightsaber duel. Obi largely beat Vader by throwing rocks at him. Vader beat Luke by throwing things at him (at least greatly weakened him).

I'd say using the Force in a lightsaber duel is no different than a kick or headbutt in a sword fight. It's still a measure of your skill and ability. It almost makes Mace even more impressive because he really only ever uses the lightsaber and only the lightsaber.
I do think Windu used the Force when the lightsaber absorbed Palpatine's attacks. I don't think most other Jedi would have been able to absorb that, and their sabers probably fail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom