Obligatory “don’t freak out if the Saints go down 7-0” Thread (1 Viewer)

NOLAJM504

-McNucca-
Reaction score
2009 Divisional Round: Tim Hightower ripped off one of the longest, most panic inducing runs. After losing 3 straight games, it begged the question: Do we even belong here?

Result: Saints Win

2009 NFCCG: Vikings went right down the field and took a 7-0 lead. Was the stage too big?

2009 SuperBowl: Colts went up 10-0 before we even took the field. It’s the Superbowl and this is the Saints we are talking about. Most of us were happy just to be there.

2018 Divisional Round: anything that could go wrong.. did. Eagles storm out of the gate and it seemed like before you could even take a sip of your beer or cocktail of choice, it was 14-0. Some of us panicked, some of us didn’t.

Results: Saints Win

So that’s four of the biggest games we’ve ever played. How many of them did we get out to a fast start? Zero by my count. And still, SP made adjustments and rallied the troops each time to get the WIN.

So if the Saints find themselves in a bit of a hole early, do yourself a favor: breathe, and remember we’ve been in this position before. They will get it figured out.

We are playing in games we never could have imagined, given the way our franchise began and persisted for many years.

Enjoy the game — and these times. Savor it. Be thankful for where we are while still being hopeful of where we could be. Last bit not least, have FAITH.

WHODAT :sir-saint:

Or 10-14. It will bum us out...but not yet time to panic.

Just remember, we could only have dreamed of being in the NFCCG before Payton. Now it’s a reality.

Oh, I know. The 20 years previous still haunt me though. I'll still lose my voice screaming at the TV today. Hopefully I don't throw a half full bottle of booze at it. :D

Must admit l was in full panic mode last weekend when we were 14/0 down with the Rams driving down the field, was a truly amazing comeback

This is why I have no problem with people freaking out on the Gameday Board and will never hold it against anyone. It’s a WhoDat safe place for those who need to flip out.

We’ll likely go down early, make adjustments, and finish strong. Hallmark of this team’s season.

This is why I have no problem with people freaking out on the Gameday Board and will never hold it against anyone. It’s a WhoDat safe place. We’ll likely go down, make adjustments, and finish strong. Hallmark of this team’s season.
What happens on the GDB, stays on the GDB. It's an outlet for emotion in real time.

If you don't like that and find it negative and want reasoned analysis instead, don't hang out there. or ignore the most emotional...

We are a second half team. If we are in it at halftime I will feel really good even if we are behind. Even in our worst game we outscored Dallas 10-0 in the second half. The defense has been bad early in games including giving up big run but they magically turn it on in the second half.

My ideal(realistic) scenario is both teams start hot on offense much like the first meeting went. 14-14 start would be great.

I rarely panic when we are down one score, but this isn't the team to get down 14-0 against.

7-0, I won’t panic

14-0 before we have gained a single yard is an acceptable time to panic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom