Obligatory MNF Brees slight... (1 Viewer)

wbbigtymer

Whodie I'm a Saints fan
Reaction score
This is not a :mad: post, just something I found amusing. Jaws said he doesn't think there is a better QB in the NFL under duress than Phillip Rivers. Really? Really? I can think of a QB who is better at evading pressure and making plays under said pressure...

Yea, I heard that too, laughed a little too. Eh well, flavor of the day, I guess

I always find it amusing how freely the MNF crew throws out superlatives in favor of the players currently bringing in the ad revenue for their network. Every. Week.

Someone should make a montage of it over the last season or two just to show the inevitable contradictions.

Brees is never under duress so I don't know how anyone can be mad they didn't bring him up. The few times Drew has had bad games for us in past years has been when he's heavily pressured (Baltimore, at Tampa come to mind.)

Rivers really is good at making plays while under pressure.

I just heard that and chuckled. If Brees took long enough to find a guy, he'd look under duress too. He doesn't so he don't!

Don't think of it as a slight to Brees, but a compliment to the O-Line. As we saw yesterday, Brees is almost never "under duress".

Brees is never under duress so I don't know how anyone can be mad they didn't bring him up. The few times Drew has had bad games for us in past years has been when he's heavily pressured (Baltimore, at Tampa come to mind.)

Rivers really is good at making plays while under pressure.
Brees is often not pressured because he makes such quick decisions.

And really, Roethlisberger is probably the best in the NFL under pressure. It seems like the guy never gets any protection and he always makes plays in big games.

Like others have said, Drew doesnt hold onto the ball long enough to be under duress for the most part. He's too smart with the ball.

This is not a :mad: post, just something I found amusing. Jaws said he doesn't think there is a better QB in the NFL under duress than Phillip Rivers. Really? Really? I can think of a QB who is better at evading pressure and making plays under said pressure...

Jaws is pumping the MNF game. Rivers is the one of the biggest whiners I've seen at the QB position in sometime.

And really, Roethlisberger is probably the best in the NFL under pressure. It seems like the guy never gets any protection and he always makes plays in big games.

This is true, but it's a "chicken and egg" thing, as at least some of that pressure is a result of him holding on to the ball way too long. His penchant for pump faking forty times every time he touches the ball is weird.

Comment didn't bother me. I thought when Jaws said "under durrest" he meant more like scrambling and making a play, like that underhand flip. He's good at running around until someone gets up.

Brees will do subtle movements in the pocket, he'll do some bootlegs. But he gets rid of the ball so quick so that he doesnt have to scramble and run all over the place.

Why is something that Jaws said good about another player a slight on Brees? C'mon guys, you're better than this. It's just broadcaster hyperbole. It's like some people are looking for ways to be insulted. Sorry man, not picking on you but the general attitude sometimes. :rant:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom