Obscure Rules Trivia (1 Viewer)

Ihartsaints

Very Banned
Reaction score
  1. What is the highest impossible score? (total for both teams)
  2. How many impossible scores are there? (total for both teams)
  3. The ball is snapped and a legal forward pass is thrown downfield. However, the intended receiver has been held by a defender all the way down the field and then wrestled to the ground by the defender before the ball arrives. No penalty flag is thrown. What happened? (every Saints fan should know this one)

Add any others you can think of.

Probably the most unlikely score is 10-1. With one team having to score two safeties and a touchdown but on the extra point try a rare 1 point safety has to occur. For example the snap is bobbled and fumbled and the ball some how ends up in the kicking team's endzone and they recover it or get tackled way back there with the ball.

Probably the most unlikely score is 10-1. With one team having to score two safeties and a touchdown but on the extra point try a rare 1 point safety has to occur. For example the snap is bobbled and fumbled and the ball some how ends up in the kicking team's endzone and they recover it or get tackled way back there with the ball.
Right track but wrong answer
10-1 is a possible score but there are some that are not possible and I'm looking for the highest total score that is not possible under the rules. (total score is both teams added together)

#3 is it the ball is snapped to the punter who throws the pass.

As for #1. Infinity to 0 is the highest impossible score. LOL. I looked up the answer. Without giving it away, the highest score is actually one that can never occur, but the point total is very achievable.

Last edited:
  1. What is the highest impossible score? (total for both teams)
  2. How many impossible scores are there? (total for both teams)
  3. The ball is snapped and a legal forward pass is thrown downfield. However, the intended receiver has been held by a defender all the way down the field and then wrestled to the ground by the defender before the ball arrives. No penalty flag is thrown. What happened? (every Saints fan should know this one)

Add any others you can think of.

I'll take a shot.
  • Highest impossible score is 1 to 1. Total for both teams is 2.
  • 1 to 0, 0 to 1, 1 to 1. Total of 3 combinations.
  • Fake punt.

The highest possible lowest winning score is 2-0. for a 1 point score for either team is the opposing team to have gotten a TD for a TD. Otherwise a 2-0 score is because one team got a safety for 2 points and neither team got another score. I think it was that Auborn pulled this off about 5 years ago losing a game with a 2-0 score.

I'll take a shot.
  • Highest impossible score is 1 to 1. Total for both teams is 2.
  • 1 to 0, 0 to 1, 1 to 1. Total of 3 combinations.
  • Fake punt.
The highest impossible score would be 5-1, I'd think. With one team only having 1 point, the other team would have to have at least a touchdown.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
Ah..... I didn't think of the 1 point safety. That was recent rule change.

6 to 1 can happen. 5 to 1 cannot. You're right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom