obscure stuff you saw as a kid that you can't figure out why is stuck with you forever (1 Viewer)

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I always remembered seeing this short film. I didn't remember much except the concept. For whatever reason I just remembered it again and actually found it online.

such a weird piece to have stuck with me forever. Must be some serious underlying FOMO going on.

In a nutshell, kids are in some odd time or world where it rains all the time. The rain finally stops for one day and the kids go out and actually see the sun but as a practical joke one of the kids had been previously locked in a room and misses it. They discover the fact only after the rain starts again. Avid readers probably will not it better because its Bradbury.

what are yours?

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I distinctly remember not being deathly afraid of cockroaches before this movie. Before the movie it was just an icky, nasty bug. But not something that would cause me to run out the house screaming like a serial killer was after me.
Anybody else need video of this?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No, it wasn’t a convenience store, they actually had pharmacies. It was more like a local/regional chain version of a CVS or walgreen’s with some having the added benefit of a deli counter and served ice cream.
follow the thread again - i was not comparing K&B to Times Savers

OP
Zack Lee

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
my family moved to NOLA in 83. K&B and McKenzie's are among my strongest memories of the city. I took Karate lessons on Oak Street during those first years and there was a McKenzie's two doors down. One of my lessons was early on Saturday mornings and the instructor left the doors open with a big fan to circulate. To this day I still remember the smell of those donuts hitting the oil and having a hard time concentrating on what I was doing.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
my family moved to NOLA in 83. K&B and McKenzie's are among my strongest memories of the city. I took Karate lessons on Oak Street during those first years and there was a McKenzie's two doors down. One of my lessons was early on Saturday mornings and the instructor left the doors open with a big fan to circulate. To this day I still remember the smell of those donuts hitting the oil and having a hard time concentrating on what I was doing.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
oh yea, and Popeye and Pals and a time when the Chicken restaurant was more strongly associated with the cartoon. We had these glasses.

1588430229598.png
How many of you remember that you could collect these tumblers at Shell gas stations in the greater New Orleans area back in the 70s just by getting a fill-up? :grin:

saints tumblers.jpg

OP
Zack Lee

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How many of you remember that you could collect these tumblers at Shell gas stations in the greater New Orleans area back in the 70s just by getting a fill-up? :grin:

saints tumblers.jpg
i don’t remember those. But I did have a black and gold Stuffed snake from when we picked up Kenny Stabler “the snake”.

OP
Zack Lee

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd love to see a picture of that!
i wish I still had it. It was a really simple stuffed item with an S curve. I have tried in vain to find a picture online. I can’t remember if it was a give away item. It very possible it was bought in a Saints shop in what is now Benson Towers. I distinctly remember is going in those before games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom