obscure stuff you saw as a kid that you can't figure out why is stuck with you forever (2 Viewers)

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I always remembered seeing this short film. I didn't remember much except the concept. For whatever reason I just remembered it again and actually found it online.

such a weird piece to have stuck with me forever. Must be some serious underlying FOMO going on.

In a nutshell, kids are in some odd time or world where it rains all the time. The rain finally stops for one day and the kids go out and actually see the sun but as a practical joke one of the kids had been previously locked in a room and misses it. They discover the fact only after the rain starts again. Avid readers probably will not it better because its Bradbury.

what are yours?

OP
Zack Lee

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For music I would say that the soundtrack for American Graffiti imprinted a lasting impression on me. My dad used to play it on an 8track player. The music was from a generation before mine but it opened up my eyes to how great music could be.

Other memories from the 8track player:Air Supply, Eddie Rabbit and the Beatles.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So there’s music I heard on early am radio in the car that grew into continuing listening pleasure music
Then there’s the music that I primarily remember hearing in the car:
“Ain’t gonna bump no more no big fat woman”
“Spinning wheels”
“If it don’t fit, don’t force it”
“Don’t call us, we’ll call you”
“I got ya”

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
follow the thread again - i was not comparing K&B to Times Savers
I’m with you now. I thought you were replying to the person who said they didn’t know what a K&B was. You miss Time Savers. I miss them too. I used to live at the one on David Dr near the Saints old training facility at the corner if David Dr and Saints Dr.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
A childhood memory that I've never forgotten, but should be insignificant, is being half asleep in the car at night. Fame by David Bowie was playing in the radio, and I remember watching the lights and signs pass by as we left Chicago for home.

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
It was a cool drug store. You could even buy big gallon tubs of ice cream there! :9:ice cream.jpg
the big one uptown had a kitchen that served bad*** hamburgers when i was a kid.

k&b also had their own beer. and a diy machine to test vacuum tubes for your hi-fi.

i bought my first flyrod/reel from k&b. another time, a couple cases of piper-heidsieck champagne.

"sears has everything" was hype. k&b and schwegmann's had everything.

LogeEndZone

All-Pro
Reaction score
the big one uptown had a kitchen that served bad*** hamburgers when i was a kid.

k&b also had their own beer. and a diy machine to test vacuum tubes for your hi-fi.

i bought my first flyrod/reel from k&b. another time, a couple cases of piper-heidsieck champagne.

My first fishing pole came from the Schwegmanns on Airline at Labarre. That brings me to another childhood memory. When my dad would get mad at someone in traffic, he'd yell, "did you get your driver's license from Schwegmanns?" I really thought that was a thing into my teens since the sold everything else.

DefKhan1

Formerly known as “Khan”
Reaction score
4453EB53-CE30-4BAA-9002-D797885FA52F.jpeg
this episode of Amazing Stories about a kid who doesn’t study, reads comics and collects toys, instead. Ends up homeless but one day his treasure of collectibles makes him a very rich old man.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I remember those things as well. :grin:
Even used their vacuum tube tester many times. :9:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
every now and then i'll get an earworm of a tune that i only know bc it was on a Ktel commercial - and then i'll have to sing through the add-a-bead of song snippets that these commercials created

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
So for my entire adulthood (so, you know, like the last 3 years), I've been trying to find evidence of this old, old black and white sci-fy movie I saw when I was a kid. I think it was Japanese and I think it was from the 50s. They were on another planet that was all sand with boulders and as soon as you stepped off the boulders, some kind of monster worm or reptile would come out of the sand and you had to either outrun it or make it back to a boulder. That's all I know and I'm convinced it did exist but have never been able to ID it.
You sure that's not tremors with Kevin bacon?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom