obscure stuff you saw as a kid that you can't figure out why is stuck with you forever (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I always remembered seeing this short film. I didn't remember much except the concept. For whatever reason I just remembered it again and actually found it online.

such a weird piece to have stuck with me forever. Must be some serious underlying FOMO going on.

In a nutshell, kids are in some odd time or world where it rains all the time. The rain finally stops for one day and the kids go out and actually see the sun but as a practical joke one of the kids had been previously locked in a room and misses it. They discover the fact only after the rain starts again. Avid readers probably will not it better because its Bradbury.

what are yours?

I actually thought of it a short while ago because the board is so dead today. And I pondered if everyone had gotten the memo that it was safe to go party again, except for me of course.

Another Ray Bradbury short story has stuck with me: The Veldt. One of the first truly creepy stories I remember reading. I think I was in middle school.

The Hadley family lives in an automated house called "The Happylife Home", filled with machines that aid them in completing everyday tasks, such as tying their shoes, bathing themselves, or even cooking their food. The two children, Peter and Wendy,[a] become fascinated with the "nursery", a virtual reality room able to reproduce any place they imagine.

The parents, George and Lydia, begin to wonder if there is something wrong with their way of life. Lydia tells George, "That's just it. I feel like I don’t belong here. The house is wife and mother now, and nursemaid. Can I compete with an African veldt? Can I give a bath and scrub the children as efficiently or quickly as the automatic scrub bath can? I cannot."[2] They are also perplexed and confused that the nursery is stuck on an African setting, with lions in the distance, eating an unidentifiable animal carcass. There they also find recreations of their personal belongings and hear strangely familiar screams. Wondering why their children are so concerned with this scene of death, they decide to call a psychologist.

The psychologist, David McClean, suggests they turn off the house, move to the country, and learn to be more self-sufficient. The children, reliant on the nursery, beg their parents to let them have one last visit, who give in and allow Peter and Wendy more time in the nursery. When the parents come to fetch them, the children lock George and Lydia into the nursery with the pride of lions. Shortly after, David comes by to look for George and Lydia. He finds the children enjoying lunch in the nursery and sees the lions eating carcasses in the distance, which are implied to be George and Lydia.

maison blanche & coke promotion commercial, '85ish, all i remember is the jingle "hey new orleans, we're the one to show you how to have your summer fun"

The movie Microwave Massacre.... There is a scene where a lady is planting something in the front flower bed and using an ..uhm... battery powered protruded device to 'dig' the holes. Interestingly enough, the dirt looked soft enough she could have easily done it with her hands...

...I was thinking it was Microwave Massacre, but then again it may not be...

Still struggling with the concept

mine? Not sure if serious. But just stuff that you know didn't have much impact on many other people.

two other weird things that affected me bad were the scene in Aliens where it comes out of the guys stomach. I don't think I could eat spaghetti for years. And this Star Trek scene Ill post after. There was nothing else scary about the movies, IMO, but its obvious that I have a phobia of things entering the body. So these would not count since there is no mystery behind why it stuck with me

Does walking in on my parents boning count as obscure stuff that stuck with me forever? I don't have a photo of it but have clearly been traumatized for life by it.

i think the searching for it on the internet really adds to the flavor of the thread. Give it a try and bring us your results

i think the searching for it on the internet really adds to the flavor of the thread. Give it a try and bring us your results

Hard pass, fam. We also did not have a camcorder growing up. Praise Jesus for that. I was a nosey kid...who knows what kind of horrific things I may have stumbled upon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom