obscure stuff you saw as a kid that you can't figure out why is stuck with you forever (2 Viewers)

mine? Not sure if serious. But just stuff that you know didn't have much impact on many other people.

two other weird things that affected me bad were the scene in Aliens where it comes out of the guys stomach. I don't think I could eat spaghetti for years. And this Star Trek scene Ill post after. There was nothing else scary about the movies, IMO, but its obvious that I have a phobia of things entering the body. So these would not count since there is no mystery behind why it stuck with me

So I went to Jesuit, but I never went to church/became catholic until 7th grade (in preparation for Jesuit)
So I had a much more active engagement with church teachings than my peers who had grown up with it
Bc of that devil stuff freaked me the **** out
Amityville horror and the exorcist traumatized me (and, like an idiot, I read amityville)
Even today, the really good possession stories - like Haunting of Hill House - can do a number on me

So I went to Jesuit, but I never went to church/became catholic until 7th grade (in preparation for Jesuit)
So I had a much more active engagement with church teachings than my peers who had grown up with it
Bc of that devil stuff freaked me the **** out
Amityville horror and the exorcist traumatized me (and, like an idiot, I read amityville)
Even today, the really good possession stories - like Haunting of Hill House - can do a number on me

i was not Catholic but went to St Stephens (on Napoleon the big church near Magazine) from 4-6th. We actually went to the church for school mass once a week. It was just me and one other student who could take communion. I can still remember wondering what Jesus must taste like.

As a kid I watched some movie where cockroaches were coming out of lava filled cracks in the earth as if from hell. The cockroaches were somehow intelligent and teamed up to kill people. I don't remember the movie name but I can't get that sheet out of my head and is the cause of my deathly fear of cockroaches.

Watched a bunch of movies as a kid where various animals were portrayed as evil killers but none of them caused the same lasting fear.

i was not Catholic but went to St Stephens (on Napoleon the big church near Magazine) from 4-6th. We actually went to the church for school mass once a week. It was just me and one other student who could take communion. I can still remember wondering what Jesus must taste like.
If memory serves, he tastes like stale crackers and old grape juice

Not obscure per say, but the scene in Robocop where they shoot his hand off with a shotgun was the first real graphic violence I experienced as a kid. Its haunted me ever since.

But yea..... also what CC said

Once, when I was 5 or so, I was up til midnight and my Dad jokingly called it the 'Witching Hour'. I never mentioned it until now, but it made me terrified to be up past midnight for at least 7 years after that.

as a youte, rode with my grandfather one day to his masonic lodge in arabi.

while waiting in the car, someone parked nearby with the license plate facing me.

just for grins to see how many days i could remember it, i memorized 113 B 675. it's now been 50+ years.

wish it'd been something more useful. :poop:

Visiting my grandmother in Birmingham when I was about 7 we went to see the statue of Vulcan and I realized he wasnt wearing any pants.

Can't ever unsee that.

1588364645904.png

As a kid, when I saw that Punky Brewster episode where they ended up in a cave w/ all sorts of paranormal stuff happening, and then one of her friends disappeared only to become an effed up face in the cave wall was the stuff of nightmare fuel for me...tumblr_inline_nwhm2mMQZV1t0ijhl_540.jpg

Last edited:
2nd grade, in school, saw that little “film strip” called Ricky Ticky Tavvy.....about a mongoose protecting a family from a snake.

For some reason, that 5 minutes has stuck with me 40 years later.

Thanks to this thread, I’m going to search for it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom