obscure stuff you saw as a kid that you can't figure out why is stuck with you forever (1 Viewer)

Does walking in on my parents boning count as obscure stuff that stuck with me forever? I don't have a photo of it but have clearly been traumatized for life by it.
I have no evidence, save my birth and the birth of my two sisters, that my parents ever had carnal knowledge of each other. However, when going through my dad's pill bottles before one of his operations, I found some boner pills. What's odd is that my mom was standing right beside me and didn't seem to know what they were. So AFAIC, they were both still virgins.

As a kid, when I saw that Punky Brewster episode where they ended up in a cave w/ all sorts of paranormal stuff happening, and then one of her friends disappeared only to become an effed up face in the cave wall was the stuff of nightmare fuel for me...tumblr_inline_nwhm2mMQZV1t0ijhl_540.jpg

i did not see that. This must have been the jump the shark episode.

So for my entire adulthood (so, you know, like the last 3 years), I've been trying to find evidence of this old, old black and white sci-fy movie I saw when I was a kid. I think it was Japanese and I think it was from the 50s. They were on another planet that was all sand with boulders and as soon as you stepped off the boulders, some kind of monster worm or reptile would come out of the sand and you had to either outrun it or make it back to a boulder. That's all I know and I'm convinced it did exist but have never been able to ID it.

As a kid I watched some movie where cockroaches were coming out of lava filled cracks in the earth as if from hell. The cockroaches were somehow intelligent and teamed up to kill people. I don't remember the movie name but I can't get that shirt out of my head and is the cause of my deathly fear of cockroaches.

Watched a bunch of movies as a kid where various animals were portrayed as evil killers but none of them caused the same lasting fear.
That's cuz only roaches can survive 'lava filled cracks in the earth'! :shocked:

So for my entire adulthood (so, you know, like the last 3 years), I've been trying to find evidence of this old, old black and white sci-fy movie I saw when I was a kid. I think it was Japanese and I think it was from the 50s. They were on another planet that was all sand with boulders and as soon as you stepped off the boulders, some kind of monster worm or reptile would come out of the sand and you had to either outrun it or make it back to a boulder. That's all I know and I'm convinced it did exist but have never been able to ID it.
You see... this^ is why I don't watch movies. :jpshakehead:

I have no evidence, save my birth and the birth of my two sisters, that my parents ever had carnal knowledge of each other. However, when going through my dad's pill bottles before one of his operations, I found some boner pills. What's odd is that my mom was standing right beside me and didn't seem to know what they were. So AFAIC, they were both still virgins.
my dad worked offshore for awhile (7&7)
he'd come home and we all had dinner, i was in my room doing homework and mom and dad retired to the boudoir
about 5 minutes after i see my mom hurry out of the room to the car
about 15 minutes after that, she returns with a K&B bag
i was not studying rocket science at the time, but i certainly didn't need to be

2nd grade, in school, saw that little “film strip” called Ricky Ticky Tavvy.....about a mongoose protecting a family from a snake.

For some reason, that 5 minutes has stuck with me 40 years later.

Thanks to this thread, I’m going to search for it...
How old were you when you realized that Rikki-Tikki-Tavi was a short story by Rudyard Kipling?

I can still remember wondering what Jesus must taste like.
I can honestly say I have never had this thought. The answer, though, is Welch's grape juice.

So I went to Jesuit, but I never went to church/became catholic until 7th grade (in preparation for Jesuit)
So I had a much more active engagement with church teachings than my peers who had grown up with it
Bc of that devil stuff freaked me the **** out
Amityville horror and the exorcist traumatized me (and, like an idiot, I read amityville)
Even today, the really good possession stories - like Haunting of Hill House - can do a number on me

Yeah, this scene messed w/ me big time...

where did they find time to run it between these

OMG, I forgot about Sizzlean. Probably started eating that around the same time we started eating margarine. I mean, maybe the '50s had its problems, but at least not everything we ate was a chemical yet.

my dad worked offshore for awhile (7&7)
he'd come home and we all had dinner, i was in my room doing homework and mom and dad retired to the boudoir
about 5 minutes after i see my mom hurry out of the room to the car
about 15 minutes after that, she returns with a K&B bag
i was not studying rocket science at the time, but i certainly didn't need to be
Are we to assume your folks were having car trouble about 9 months before you were born??? :scratch:

mine? Not sure if serious. But just stuff that you know didn't have much impact on many other people.

two other weird things that affected me bad were the scene in Aliens where it comes out of the guys stomach. I don't think I could eat spaghetti for years. And this Star Trek scene Ill post after. There was nothing else scary about the movies, IMO, but its obvious that I have a phobia of things entering the body. So these would not count since there is no mystery behind why it stuck with me

For me it's "The Tingler". Probably saw this around the same time I was watching whatever channel was carrying the '50s Japanese sandworm movie but this Vincent Price classic I remember.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom