obscure stuff you saw as a kid that you can't figure out why is stuck with you forever (2 Viewers)

I remember this old commercial from the 80s. It was a classic that always stuck with me.

I still like this ad promo from WWL.

I distinctly remember not being deathly afraid of cockroaches before this movie. Before the movie it was just an icky, nasty bug. But not something that would cause me to run out the house screaming like a serial killer was after me.
Anybody else need video of this?

No, it wasn’t a convenience store, they actually had pharmacies. It was more like a local/regional chain version of a CVS or walgreen’s with some having the added benefit of a deli counter and served ice cream.
follow the thread again - i was not comparing K&B to Times Savers

my family moved to NOLA in 83. K&B and McKenzie's are among my strongest memories of the city. I took Karate lessons on Oak Street during those first years and there was a McKenzie's two doors down. One of my lessons was early on Saturday mornings and the instructor left the doors open with a big fan to circulate. To this day I still remember the smell of those donuts hitting the oil and having a hard time concentrating on what I was doing.

my family moved to NOLA in 83. K&B and McKenzie's are among my strongest memories of the city. I took Karate lessons on Oak Street during those first years and there was a McKenzie's two doors down. One of my lessons was early on Saturday mornings and the instructor left the doors open with a big fan to circulate. To this day I still remember the smell of those donuts hitting the oil and having a hard time concentrating on what I was doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom