obscure stuff you saw as a kid that you can't figure out why is stuck with you forever (2 Viewers)

oh yea, and Popeye and Pals and a time when the Chicken restaurant was more strongly associated with the cartoon. We had these glasses.

1588430229598.png
How many of you remember that you could collect these tumblers at Shell gas stations in the greater New Orleans area back in the 70s just by getting a fill-up? :grin:

saints tumblers.jpg

How many of you remember that you could collect these tumblers at Shell gas stations in the greater New Orleans area back in the 70s just by getting a fill-up? :grin:

saints tumblers.jpg

i don’t remember those. But I did have a black and gold Stuffed snake from when we picked up Kenny Stabler “the snake”.

I'd love to see a picture of that!

i wish I still had it. It was a really simple stuffed item with an S curve. I have tried in vain to find a picture online. I can’t remember if it was a give away item. It very possible it was bought in a Saints shop in what is now Benson Towers. I distinctly remember is going in those before games.

• 1Like
Reactions: jdf
I never saw these guys in New Orleans. But as a band, they really stuck with me. :9:

46502207_2127705597539826_8453613751659134976_n.jpg

For music I would say that the soundtrack for American Graffiti imprinted a lasting impression on me. My dad used to play it on an 8track player. The music was from a generation before mine but it opened up my eyes to how great music could be.

Other memories from the 8track player:Air Supply, Eddie Rabbit and the Beatles.

So there’s music I heard on early am radio in the car that grew into continuing listening pleasure music
Then there’s the music that I primarily remember hearing in the car:
“Ain’t gonna bump no more no big fat woman”
“Spinning wheels”
“If it don’t fit, don’t force it”
“Don’t call us, we’ll call you”
“I got ya”

I never saw these guys in New Orleans. But as a band, they really stuck with me. :9:

46502207_2127705597539826_8453613751659134976_n.jpg
I would love to know who the photo bomber in the background is.

follow the thread again - i was not comparing K&B to Times Savers
I’m with you now. I thought you were replying to the person who said they didn’t know what a K&B was. You miss Time Savers. I miss them too. I used to live at the one on David Dr near the Saints old training facility at the corner if David Dr and Saints Dr.

A childhood memory that I've never forgotten, but should be insignificant, is being half asleep in the car at night. Fame by David Bowie was playing in the radio, and I remember watching the lights and signs pass by as we left Chicago for home.

It was a cool drug store. You could even buy big gallon tubs of ice cream there! :9:ice cream.jpg
the big one uptown had a kitchen that served bad*** hamburgers when i was a kid.

k&b also had their own beer. and a diy machine to test vacuum tubes for your hi-fi.

i bought my first flyrod/reel from k&b. another time, a couple cases of piper-heidsieck champagne.

"sears has everything" was hype. k&b and schwegmann's had everything.

the big one uptown had a kitchen that served bad*** hamburgers when i was a kid.

k&b also had their own beer. and a diy machine to test vacuum tubes for your hi-fi.

i bought my first flyrod/reel from k&b. another time, a couple cases of piper-heidsieck champagne.

"sears has everything" was hype. k&b and schwegmann's had everything.
My first fishing pole came from the Schwegmanns on Airline at Labarre. That brings me to another childhood memory. When my dad would get mad at someone in traffic, he'd yell, "did you get your driver's license from Schwegmanns?" I really thought that was a thing into my teens since the sold everything else.

4453EB53-CE30-4BAA-9002-D797885FA52F.jpeg
this episode of Amazing Stories about a kid who doesn’t study, reads comics and collects toys, instead. Ends up homeless but one day his treasure of collectibles makes him a very rich old man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom