obscure stuff you saw as a kid that you can't figure out why is stuck with you forever (3 Viewers)

the big one uptown had a kitchen that served bad*** hamburgers when i was a kid.

k&b also had their own beer. and a diy machine to test vacuum tubes for your hi-fi.

i bought my first flyrod/reel from k&b. another time, a couple cases of piper-heidsieck champagne.

"sears has everything" was hype. k&b and schwegmann's had everything.
I remember those things as well. :grin:
Even used their vacuum tube tester many times. :9:

every now and then i'll get an earworm of a tune that i only know bc it was on a Ktel commercial - and then i'll have to sing through the add-a-bead of song snippets that these commercials created

So for my entire adulthood (so, you know, like the last 3 years), I've been trying to find evidence of this old, old black and white sci-fy movie I saw when I was a kid. I think it was Japanese and I think it was from the 50s. They were on another planet that was all sand with boulders and as soon as you stepped off the boulders, some kind of monster worm or reptile would come out of the sand and you had to either outrun it or make it back to a boulder. That's all I know and I'm convinced it did exist but have never been able to ID it.

You sure that's not tremors with Kevin bacon?

this movie, was another that I could not take my eyes off of as a kid. I think I assumed that it was an old movie back then because it was shot in black and white. I wonder what was the first movie to actually go back and choose black and white for the values it hold artistically. What actors too. Of course I had no idea what I was watching back then.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJuJKOmZAY

On top of that, film fans know that some filmmakers continue to choose to shoot their films in black and white decades after color film became the standard—Notable examples include "Young Frankenstein" (1974), "Manhattan" (1979), "Raging Bull" (1980), "Schindler's List" (1993), and "The Artist" (2011). In fact, for many years in the earliest decades of film, shooting in color was a similar artistic choice—with color movies existing for far longer than most people believe.

An often-repeated—but incorrect—bit of trivia is that 1939's "The Wizard of Oz" was the first full-color movie. This misconception probably comes from the fact that the film makes great symbolic use of brilliant color film after the first scene is depicted in black and white. However, color movies were being created more than 35 years before "The Wizard of Oz!"

The Rosenbergs jingle. I will never forget that. Tastee Donuts king cakes and their sliders. I loved those.

Other than that I have plenty of those random memories there was some movie in the 80's about spiders and I remember a guy driving up to a house and spider webs over all the ground and in the house and him opening a door a somebody was covered actually cocooned in webs. I can still see it in my head.

Another 80's commercial or maybe movie around Halloween where Frankenstein is behind a tree and staring at this guy walking on the sidewalk. It was black and white so probably a movie. It just creeped me out and scared the crap out of me as a kid, because I lived out in the county and a lot of woods around so young kid imagination got to me.

So for my entire adulthood (so, you know, like the last 3 years), I've been trying to find evidence of this old, old black and white sci-fy movie I saw when I was a kid. I think it was Japanese and I think it was from the 50s. They were on another planet that was all sand with boulders and as soon as you stepped off the boulders, some kind of monster worm or reptile would come out of the sand and you had to either outrun it or make it back to a boulder. That's all I know and I'm convinced it did exist but have never been able to ID it.
You just described Tremors with Kevin Bacon lol, except not the 50's and not on another planet.

Other than that I have plenty of those random memories there was some movie in the 80's about spiders and I remember a guy driving up to a house and spider webs over all the ground and in the house and him opening a door a somebody was covered actually cocooned in webs. I can still see it in my head.

Arachnophobia?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom