Obviously, learning ANY overall TEAM Philosophy takes time and getting INTO The SAINTS’ Playbook takes more time than most! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewater! What a story ( which I’ll admit; while I had heard his name and knew many spoke highly of him in the past and then ? He got hurt and disappeared) What I DID NOT KNOW was just how horrific that injury was ( once he joined our TEAM I did go into his history and learn as much as I could about him and was blown away) yet I was then thinking Coach Payton probably had a soft spot somehow to not just GIVE him a spot but maybe he did want to give him his shot to participate into our scheme. Well, brother was I wrong! Not JUST TB but We had to hit the RESET Button from top to bottom. It began with the Squad least effected by Drew’s absence ( really, losing someone of Drew’s capability does effect the entire TEAM from Coaches on through the rest of the TEAM and we’ve been witnesses to it!) so, Sp. Teams appeared to carry us with swapping Field Position with The BEST Punter in The NFL and a young Place Kicker who became solid $ MONEY for us and gave us PLENTY and Deonte’ Harris had a couple of drops but was/is “Lightening In A Bottle” with his charging style of returns. Next? The Defense realized they had to UP their game and limit what our Offense needed to do to gain WINS. All of this was happening as Teddy learned his players and they learned his “touch” on the balls to some solid work and he moved his line of sight from the initial 8 yards and kept moving his vision to deeper patterns to find those crossing patterns , the seams and trust himself and his receivers on the deeper patterns and routes It took TIME to find that “feeling” which comes with practice , practice and more practices! That WIN on the road vs a fully loaded Seattle Team who have gained quite a loaded team and have built a solid winning mentality. That low scoring event with the ALL HYPE Dallas sure built a LOT of character from a far more comfortable and growing Squad who were getting far more confident in relying on one another and really “feeling IT” and believing in one another on DEFENSE and for a VERY GOOD REASON! NOW? Well, NOW , we’re seeing Jared Cook grabbing some balls out of the air and I finally was able to SEE just how massive of a MAN that Dude is when he had THREE Suckanears hanging off of him today after the catch and truly running with the ball! Just as a final note, it has become CLEAR that Teddy Bridgewater gain his confidence and make great throws, hitting receivers in stride, hitting the deeper routes not always checking down and using those short routes. Yet now? WE have a TEAM who are enjoying playing with each other, Coach Payton is breaking out the plays farther down his list and using plays where Alvin Kamara issuing tossed the ball and for what? To be able to throw the ball down the field with a touch and placement to Josh Hill which was an easily catchable ball and make a solid gain! That’s GROWTH of a TEAM and done in steps which we ALL witnessed and we were able to see what this TEAM can accomplish and all the while , suffering a void of a true First Ballot H of F’er, but always growing and growing with a whole TEAM who you can count on to help each other WIN! That’s the best I can come up with so far and I had wanted to ask B. Hebert what he thought about how this time of being sidelined would work on Drew’s mentality and if it’s a really strong thing for him or if he’ll rush to return and risk it getting hurt more seriously? Will it give Drew a better perspective? Will it allow him to view our TEAM PLAY with more of an overview or any number of situations and since there has never been a Drew Brees in this sort of situation I KNOW he’ll be prepared and itching to make the most of it all but may also focus on his own details , notice something about OUR TEAM which he can take advantage of ? Is he studying our upcoming opponents since our next two he will miss for sure? I just don’t know what we’re going to get from this all of this time off and his ability for unique time for more self health improvement or just how he’ll use this time since it’s all so critical when he comes back especially given the fact that we have been growing and maturing as a TEAM together without him at the helm? Just as when Coach got suspended, OUR SAINTS will be put in yet another unique position for growth or perhaps regression? So many interesting perspectives and unique situations again for OUR TEAM. So many outcomes yet to reveal themselves. It’s just too many variables to consider how everyone responds so I’m going to be ecstatic over our 4-1 record as we head into yet another game! Cheers to The whole WHODAT NATION and may everyone sleep well tonight! There’s a LOT more football to play ahead of us and cheers for Teddy who has grown into his position so well for us!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom