OCD, anal, normal or other (1 Viewer)

So what is it?

• Total voters

Hoyasaint

Banned
Reaction score
I've got three main programs that I always use, email, timekeeping software, and our document management software. I need to have them open in that order on my little task bar or whatever it is called on the bottom. If they aren't like that I need shut them down and get them in the right order. So is this OCD, anal, normal or other?

List of choices to you may utilize to register your thoughts forthcoming

I just printed out this thread and put it on the bottom of my bird's cage.

I don't even have a bird, but if I did, I'd name him Hoyabird.

Other, can't you drag the app tiles into the position that you desire on the task bar?

Nope they lock all our stuff down and we have minimal privileges on the system. Sometimes I'm surprised we're allowed to do anything. Mainly its for the old partners who don't know how to use the computer to prevent them from screwing it all up.

Whatever it is you've got, Hoya, I've got it too. I'm exactly the same way.

A lot of stuff I do is in browser windows too... IE has to be to the left of Firefox in the tabs, but the IE window has to be against the right edge of the screen. Firefox, exactly the opposite. Firefox must be up against the left edge of the screen. The width of the windows must not be changed. Maximizing is fine for a few minutes because it'll go right back to where it was. But DO NOT drag one edge of the window to make it wider.

Two of the greatest things ever are A) the ability to rearrange tabs in Firefox, and B) Firefox's ability to restore all your tabs next time you open it. I keep 8 or 9 open at any given time. When I shut down for the day, then fire it back up the next day, Firefox opens all the tabs right where they were and with whatever was in them automatically. Freakin' brilliant.

One of these days, hopefully, they'll make it where you can "take a snapshot" of all the applications you have open, their positions in the taskbar, their positions on the screen, etc. and tell the operating system to restore them just like that every time you boot up. That would be so sweet.

List of choices to you may utilize to register your thoughts forthcoming

Is that anything like a "pole?"

Nothing to see here. You are normal in the sense that you like things how you like things. If you had to wash you hand ten times, turn counter-clockwise in a circle and sing the chorus of your favorite Neil Diamond song before logging in each day, THEN you would be OCD. You may also be anal, NTTAWWT, :ezbill:

Sorry, I read the thread title wrong and thought this thread was about something else. But I would say a mild case of OCD is close to correct...

jiminy-cricket.gif

I think I fall into the loosen up a bit crowd. I don't take insults or slights lightly. I can be a passionate poster on Sr.Com and say some things I shouldnt but in the past at least, I have been on occasion to hold grudges. I think Its a matter of my ego and maybe not thinking what to post in the right situations and losing my cool.
I guess thats it

I think its perfectly normal.... I used to work with computers at a job I once had, and we would need like 6 programs opened to do our work. When clicking the little boxes at the bottom to bring up the program it almost becomes force of habbit.

I like knowing where to click and it being the same everyday, and when I always have one first, second etc. I always know where it is when I am clicking. If I ever opened one up in a different order (I would be used to it being first but now it was 2 or 3rd) I would open the wrong window like 500 times a day. SO I started doing the same and if I loaded up one by accident or in a different order I would shut them down and re open them correctly (to me, that is) so they were where I would go through repeated process and eventually force of habbit.

So either we both have OCD, or its normal.

You are a little OCD--NTTAWWT, you can seek help for it, or just live with it. :)

I tried to vote anal too, but it only allowed me to vote for one, darn it! ;)

Is it ONLY that, or do you have other things that you have to have just in the right order?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom