Ochocinco on a roll.........LMAO (1 Viewer)

What I'm ashamed about is the fact that I'm a grown *** man and I know who Messy Mya is. But in my defense, when I was growing up in N.O. I knew several people like that, meaning very ignorant, but kinda funny and entertaining. So looking at him act a fool kinda reminds me of what I was around growing up.

Now all that *** shaking, I can pass on all that.

Goin to school at OPW there were a few dudes like Mya. And this was in late 80's. Stood in the halls all day just rippin on everyone and everything including staff (teachers/coaches/vice principle etc ). Funny stuff.

I think some of the humor is bookin folks who havent a clue of what is going on. A good friend of mine was a master at that. By the time the person realized what was really happening the conversation was over. Funny as heck. Works best on girls.

For some reason, I can't bring myself to hate Ochocino.
He seems to be a good guy who really enjoys life and does much of what he does to be entertaining as opposed to being wholly egocentric....
I think it's funny that he and Sharper are doing what appears to be some good-natured jostling.

Ochocinco said

"This week, I'm quoting, it's gonna be a 'messy Sunday.' That's my theme for this game.
"I'm not gonna tell you (what that means), but if you're from the area of New Orleans or anywhere in Louisiana, you will understand exactly what I mean. I'm gonna have a messy Sunday. We as a team are gonna have messy catches and messy touchdowns. And I'm gonna give them the messy shoulder."

and tweeted

ya upside down black n gold wearing, mardi gras bead throwing ***!! Now who gone pop me

and

@sharper42 at some point in the game I'm gonna punch you through your facemask, if u think you gone win You could possibla Neva (messymya)

All that stuff is referring to sayings of messy Mya, a local artist/comedian who was a growing internet celebrity that was recently murdered in New Orleans. I would embed a video or two but it'll send this thread straight to behind the levee.

here's a video about his story (some nsfw language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmBbocIcSyQ

and here's a video of him doing what he does
nsfw language
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwugXIqNA0c&feature=related
and there's plenty more

What I'm ashamed about is the fact that I'm a grown *** man and I know who Messy Mya is. But in my defense, when I was growing up in N.O. I knew several people like that, meaning very ignorant, but kinda funny and entertaining. So looking at him act a fool kinda reminds me of what I was around growing up.

Now all that *** shaking, I can pass on all that.

Thanks. I use to listen to a lot of local New Orleans music, but I've long since stopped. I have a ton of old stuff, but having my daughter always near I can't listen to it anymore.

1. He graduated from high school.
2. a) He has/had a ton of endorsement deals from Motorola, Klondike, Degree, his own smartphone app, and a number of others I'm forgetting. These + his NFL salary = a ton of money.
b) He's been made fun of by other NFL players for being cheap (granted this is obviously by NFL star player standards).

There's nothing that points to him being one of those guys that make a bunch of money and blow it all. The guy doesn't drink (so no potential DUI or related crimes in the future where he'd have to pay a bunch of money ~ Stallworth), and he only has two kids (so no potential 6-figure monthly child support payments ~ Cromartie, Travis Henry). If anything, the fact that he has so many income streams and his basic lifestyle point to him being the opposite of the jock who loses it all.

P.S. Lighten up. Life's way too short for you to get so wound up about someone/something so harmless.

don't forget the several times he has invited the Bengals fan base for dinner and picked up the tab, literally. In one instance, he tweeted that he was at a restaurant and if anyone wanted to eat, they should join him. If I am not mistaken, he spent a few thousand dollars on food for quite a few fans.

He has also randomly picked twitter followers and took them Christmas shopping, not for themselves, but for their family. And let's not even mention his relationship with his grandma. They adore one another and he is a sweetheart to her.

I know Chad can sometimes go overboard, but like TO, he doesn't get DUIs, he doesn't beat on women, or get in shoot outs. There are plenty of bad guys in sports, but Chad isn't one of them. He is just trying to lighten the mood a bit and enjoy himself. I find him funny and entertaining and I am glad I have been around to witness some of his silly antics.

And to add to all this: He matches every fine he gets, dollar for dollar, with a donation to charity.

God forbid we have a multi-millionaire football player who doesnt fit the spoiled rich jock mold, with strong family ties, a good moral code, who believes in helping others, and who rewards his fans, all because he doesnt take a GAME that is played for *our* ENTERTAINMENT too seriously.

Ocho is hilarious but I'm out da loop on this one. I have no idea what he said.

I like Chad. Have for years. He gives some of the best pre-game interviews around.

new tweet:
@OchoCinco - @sharper42 3 days 11 hours 14 minutes and 6 seconds until I pound you repeatedly upside your forehead in pre-game, all fines 2 UnitedWay

In New Orleans vernacular, "Messy" means "likes to start ****" Messy Mya was a "dude" that liked to start all kinds of **** and unfortunately it caught up with him.

I'll never get the flack Ochocinco gets. I mean, I can understand TO. I believe he's why people got on this "team cancer" tiff that irritates me to this day since TO had a bunch of help from Andy Reid and McNabb in diminishing the product in Philly.

But Ochocinco? C'mon. Look at his friggin' name. He's putting the entertainment back in spectator sports. I miss his touchdown celebration antics. But what gets washed up in how many antics he has...is he gets those opportunities cuz he's a damn good football player. He's the kinda dude you wish you were friends with cuz you know he'll say or do something that'll make you laugh cuz he doesn't take himself too seriously, but isn't such a goof off he doesn't get anything accomplished.

Do your thing, Ochocinco. Except this Sunday. We gotta do our thing. :9:

And you might want to protect your neck. Sharper's on the warpath.

new tweet:
@OchoCinco - @sharper42 3 days 11 hours 14 minutes and 6 seconds until I pound you repeatedly upside your forehead in pre-game, all fines 2 UnitedWay

"in pre-game"

:hihi:

don't forget the several times he has invited the Bengals fan base for dinner and picked up the tab, literally. In one instance, he tweeted that he was at a restaurant and if anyone wanted to eat, they should join him. If I am not mistaken, he spent a few thousand dollars on food for quite a few fans.

He has also randomly picked twitter followers and took them Christmas shopping, not for themselves, but for their family. And let's not even mention his relationship with his grandma. They adore one another and he is a sweetheart to her.

I know Chad can sometimes go overboard, but like TO, he doesn't get DUIs, he doesn't beat on women, or get in shoot outs. There are plenty of bad guys in sports, but Chad isn't one of them. He is just trying to lighten the mood a bit and enjoy himself. I find him funny and entertaining and I am glad I have been around to witness some of his silly antics.

He also does this for the teams they are playing away. When the Bengals played in Carolina this season, he tweeted and took the first 85 people to show up to Chima's Brazilian Steakhouse. There were so many people there, the line wrapped around the building. And then those who weren't the first 85 but stuck around to have dinner/drinks in the bar, he came out and bought them all drinks and socialized.

He also does this for the teams they are playing away. When the Bengals played in Carolina this season, he tweeted and took the first 85 people to show up to Chima's Brazilian Steakhouse. There were so many people there, the line wrapped around the building. And then those who weren't the first 85 but stuck around to have dinner/drinks in the bar, he came out and bought them all drinks and socialized.

Yep...A few Sundays ago, they did a piece on NFL Countdown about this. The week he played the rival Browns of all teams, he sent out a tweet saying that he was going to be at some steak restaurant in the Cleveland area and invited Browns fans to join him. I believe about 100 to 200 people showed up and he led a prayer, ate and conversated with them all going around the room to each person/couple/group to chat, and took care of the bill.

He is easily one of the better people in the league and the NFL needs more people like him. Those that knock him just don't understand that he is playing around and having fun. They think he is being serious and in turn think he is just an arrogant punk when in reality, that can't be further from the truth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom