Oct 2 vs Jaguars (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm debating between going to Tampa again or Jacksonville, since both are in driving distance for me.

Has anyone ever been to Jacksonville? What's it like? How's the stadium? It looks like seats can be pretty cheap.

I was wondering the same about the Jacksonville stadium, and figured good tix will be reasonable. We're planning a Disney trip, starting 10/1, so why not go to J-ville one day to cheer on our guys?!!

I've been to Tampa and had an absolute blast!! The stadium is awesome, one of my favorites. The fans were absolutely wonderful, but then again, this was 2009 and they were having a crappy season! The tailgating area is great....large grassy field, with rows and rows of tailgaters, and they were all friendly to a bunch of Who Dats. Great experience, and I will go there again one day.

Yeah, I went to Tampa last year and had a great time with the fans there and the Stadium is fun. So, that's my debate. Go back to a place I know I'll like or try something new?

Well here's one way of looking at it.

The Jacksonville game is 10/2, at 1 PM EST...still very hot in FL.

I went to the Tampa game in '09, the Sun. before Thanksgiving at 1 PM EST. HOT!! I was sweating the entire game, in the sun behind the Saints bench, and got sunburned. However, this year's game is at 4:15 EST in Oct. It shouldn't be blazing hot for the entire game, as the sun should be behind the Home side shortly after kickoff.

I live just barely north of Miami, so I'm used to it being hot. Nothing will feel hotter than when the Saints played Miami in 2009.

What is the stadium in Jacksonville like? It is really nice? Or is it sort of boring?

I thought Tampa's was really fun, I love the theme, and even the food court areas are cool.

As a New Orleanian who works and sleeps in Jacksonville (with the Jaguars as a solid #2 team) I would recommend it.

The stadium is nice. I'd say it's almost a carbon copy of Raymond James Stadium in Tampa--except without the pirate ship (obviously.) There's really not a bad seat in the house--even in the upper deck.

Yes, it will be sweltering. However, we are New Orleanians--we can handle it.

And, the Jaguars fans are pretty cool. I go to a couple of games a year (when it doesn't interfere with the Saints games) and I don't recall ever seeing anything worse than good-natured ribbing to opposing fans.

Plus, it should be a good game, but I fully expect the Saints to come out on top. I went to Jaguars training camp tonight (wearing a Saints cap) and they looked pretty sharp to me.

GEAUX SAINTS!

I live just barely north of Miami, so I'm used to it being hot. Nothing will feel hotter than when the Saints played Miami in 2009.

What is the stadium in Jacksonville like? It is really nice? Or is it sort of boring?

I thought Tampa's was really fun, I love the theme, and even the food court areas are cool.

Hey Ward, I know it's been a while, but I met you at Shuck N Dive for the Seattle playoff game. I was with the group that was sitting right in the corner as you walk in. I was the good looking one. :hihi:

Some of us are talking about making the trip to Jax. I will let you know if we do so we can possibly meet up for some tailgating or if we stay overnight for some pre-game festivities.

After seeing that tickets are already on sale for this game via neworleanssaints.com I have decided to get some tickets to this game. It should be awesome! I bet there will be tons of Saints fans there.

i live right outside of jacksonville and will be attending this game. the stadium is ok, but dress warm cause its usually pretty hot/humid. from my experience the home crowd is usually pretty friendly.... jacksonville is mostly a college town. its very booring but if you guys wanna get together and tailgate im down. a bunch of co-workers and i are gonna go so.... lmk:9:

Yes, J'ville is very boring. Thats why I plan on being home to see this high scoring event. My wife is a Jags season ticket holder, but on that day she will be in black and gold. You will have space in this stadium as 1. by halftime about half in attendence will be in the Bud Zone and 2. after MJD is shutdown the other half will leave.

new to the board, going to j-ville to see saints and wonder about tailgating! We always tailgate across from the dome and did it in Dallas last year! Where should we go to tailgate!

Anyone have first hand info about any decent restaurants we should check out in Jville? I don't always trust the web reviews because most of those people don't have New Orleans taste buds. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom