Oct 2 vs Jaguars (1 Viewer)

Booked rooms today at the Wyndham Riverfront... Ill most likely buy tickets tonight

Me and my crew are staying at the same place. Seems like the hotel is in the middle of a couple happening things downtown. (Hopefully) Driving from Houma Friday then leaving Monday. Strongly considering driving down to Tampa on Monday for some MNF at Raymond James to cap off the road trip. I've been to Tampa for the Saints game in 2009, love the stadium. Can't wait to check out Everbank Field now!

Omni or Hyatt? They both seem to be by the river and on the same side of the river as the stadium. But anything that is better than the other?

Rooms

Omni or Hyatt? They both seem to be by the river and on the same side of the river as the stadium. But anything that is better than the other?

I've heard good things about both hotels. You can even stay down the street at the Hilton Garden Inn for $100 per night from Friday to Monday on expedia.

Anyone have first hand info about any decent restaurants we should check out in Jville? I don't always trust the web reviews because most of those people don't have New Orleans taste buds. :9:

Just head to Jacksonville Landing. Plenty of good places there.

So, any reviews of the trip? I live within driving distance, but chose Tampa instead. I'd like to know how people liked the city and the stadium.

Thanks.

So, any reviews of the trip? I live within driving distance, but chose Tampa instead. I'd like to know how people liked the city and the stadium.

Thanks.

The stadium was nice, lots of Saints fans were there. Overall the stadium had lots of empty seats, if you include the whole sections of the stadium what were blocked off for advertising. The city was ok imo. However, I did arrive the night before the game so I didn't have much time to go out and tour the city. The overall experience for me was good, especially since the Saints won. I went to Tampa last year, and I can say that I definitely enjoyed it more.

Thanks.

They have no idea how to tailgate. The Saints fans there were definitely the life of the party. Nice stadium, lots of pre-game stuff to do ($2 beers at the "Teal Party" - comparable to the area around the Dome with the activities for the kids and band).

The stadium was nice, lots of Saints fans were there. Overall the stadium had lots of empty seats, if you include the whole sections of the stadium what were blocked off for advertising. The city was ok imo. However, I did arrive the night before the game so I didn't have much time to go out and tour the city. The overall experience for me was good, especially since the Saints won. I went to Tampa last year, and I can say that I definitely enjoyed it more.

Did you notice they couldn't even sell the advertising space on all the covers?

I had a good time. I also have been to Tampa and I had a better time in Tampa but I wanted to go to a new stadium. The Teal Zone was pretty fun and I seen lots of Saints fans enjoying those $2 beers. The fans I sat around were quite for the most part lol.

I would reccomend going check it Jacksonville out but if I had never been to either place I'd say try Tampa first!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom