Ocular Migraines (1 Viewer)

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
has anyone ever had these?? it's like the visuals you get from huffing black jack but without the wah-wahs

and they make me sleepy

rail

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Wife gets these from time to time. Literally sees stars and has to lay down for a good 20-30 minutes.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
your cousin used to get them. it would be kinda funny finding her looking like a pirate with only one eye open.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
your cousin used to get them. it would be kinda funny finding her looking like a pirate with only one eye open.
I took a baseball straight to the face once when I was 12 practicing for the All-Stars with Cleary Playground and got a black eye. I wanted a pirate patch for those next several days but never got it. :mad1:

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I get them maybe 3-4 times per year, most recently a few weeks ago when I was in the middle of the highway and had to keep driving.

The onset is like looking into the sun or some other really bright light, and looking away, and still having your vision dazzled by the lights. Like you want to see straight ahead but can’t.

Not ideal. When I was younger it would almost invariably be followed up by a killer migraine headache of the kind that would put me out of action for a day or more. That hasn’t happened so much recently though.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
has anyone ever had these?? it's like the visuals you get from huffing black jack but without the wah-wahs

and they make me sleepy
Yes. Theyvare horrible. I don't know what's worse, the loss of vision from the sparkly stuff or the headache after it passes. Fortunately as I have gotten older they have become less frequent. To the point now I have not had one in a couple years. I tried all sorts of stuff to help, and nothing did beyond a dark cold room with my eyes covered.

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
The word “ocular” sounds painful all by itself. Add “migraine” and freakin ouch.
So long, my friend. Look on the bright side - at least you had the privilege and opportunity to converse with me. Be in peace.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

and they make me sleepy
I used to get these in Jr. High. Or maybe something similar. It started with an amoeba-like distortion in my vision followed by nausea and a headache.

I would go to the school nurse, then I would go home, sleep for an hour or two, and I'd wake up just fine with extra TV time.

OP
antipop

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, mine don’t typically come with a headache but they have...the one i had today was pretty mild though....several times i have had my vision almost completely blocked out by flashing pinwheels of colors...it’s a little freaky when that happens

They mostly just make me feel drained...

dbridge

There's levels to this
Reaction score
Yes. I have them maybe once every couple of months or so. Visual distortion usually lasts about 20 to 30 minutes and is sometimes followed by a throbbing headache. Wish there were some sort of cure.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think what made me feel best was the chiropractor.

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Have you ever broken your jaw? If you have, it may not have healed in the proper position and is pressing a nerve

Do you have allergies? Sometimes sinuses can mess up your vision and give you headache.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Have you ever broken your jaw? If you have, it may not have healed in the proper position and is pressing a nerve

Do you have allergies? Sometimes sinuses can mess up your vision and give you headache.
So when I was 9 I was punched in the mouth by this man. It was in a bar my dad owned. I remember a brilliant flash of colored lights and then I was out. I often wondered if that is where my migraines started. I used to be able to open my mouth and Crack my jaw.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So when I was 9 I was punched in the mouth by this man. It was in a bar my dad owned. I remember a brilliant flash of colored lights and then I was out. I often wondered if that is where my migraines started. I used to be able to open my mouth and Crack my jaw.
You’re burying the lede on this story
Get back to the bar fight

urzombiefood

looking for brains
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
and they make me sleepy

Yes I get these. It's called the aurora before the migraine. 30 min later I get a migraine after seeing the flashy lights. My mother use to get the aurora without ever getting a head ache.

Common causes for this is barometric pressure in low storm systems, magnetic fields, sometimes coffee, certain cleaners (natures miracle), Saints losing .....etc.

I can go almost a year without having one and then I can go every week. No rhyme or reason why. After following some weather patterns I found some correlation but it's not exact. Or it could be because my brain pan is too large. Who knows?

Count yourself lucky you don't get the head ache with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom