Ocular Migraines (1 Viewer)

My wife has had them a couple of years ago, for about 4 months they came with no notice at all. Particularly unsettling while she was driving.

has anyone ever had these?? it's like the visuals you get from huffing black jack but without the wah-wahs
and they make me sleepy

Yes I get these. It's called the aurora before the migraine. 30 min later I get a migraine after seeing the flashy lights. My mother use to get the aurora without ever getting a head ache.

Common causes for this is barometric pressure in low storm systems, magnetic fields, sometimes coffee, certain cleaners (natures miracle), Saints losing .....etc.

I can go almost a year without having one and then I can go every week. No rhyme or reason why. After following some weather patterns I found some correlation but it's not exact. Or it could be because my brain pan is too large. Who knows?

Count yourself lucky you don't get the head ache with it.

I too have had these since an early teen.....mine generally happen around barometric pressure changes and can increase the probability of it happening after a night of red wine or tequila :)

I used to get the headaches but somewhere around age 40 the headaches went away. I usually get them in spurts in the spring and fall (higher barometric variance seasons)

One of the worst parts is when you catch a little glint in the peripheral and you groan because you know it's coming.

Spoke too soon. It's been close to 2 years and had one last night. This morning I feel fine unless I cough or sneeze then my head explodes.

I've only had one of these, but it was very much like described. I'd done an intense weightlifting session and then came home and was working on a laptop screen and browsing my phone. I started noticing I couldn't see what I was trying to look directly at starting in my left eye near my nose. I thought it was just from looking at a light or something, but it started to grow. Closed my eyes and it was still there. I started seeing everything with kaleidoscope-like fractals. Started freaking out a little bit but laid down and it went away within 20 - 30 minutes. No migraine or headache afterwards for me.

From what I've read, it can be caused by dehydration and eye strain, which make sense in my case.

And another. This time will trying to drive on the Ohio Turnpike...

wait, i thought the weed made me a devil worshipper...is there a different strain for that??
NO, it's the vaccine that makes you a devil worshipper. I heard it here in the nursing facility that the vaccine is the mark of the beast. I **** you not.

sounds like Primus concerts coming home to roost
I went to a Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush/Robin Trower concert back in the day. Prior to leaving U of Md for the 15 minute drive I accidentally smoked hashish and ingested mushrooms and/or LSD. I saw the clef notes tumbling out of the PA system.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom