We can only sign two. Who do we let go?

• Michael Thomas

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Alvin Kamara

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Marshon Lattimore

Votes: 60 45.5%

• Total voters
you keep Lattimore - defense is going to help us bridge the transition to AD Saints (after drew)
then not knowing what's happening AD makes the MT/AK puzzle too complicated
we just don't know what the offense is going to look like, so we have no idea which is more valuable

Given a situation where one HAD to go I’d pick Kamara.

Like most people have already said, a lock down corner is extremely hard to find and you don’t let them go.

MT was the only WR that really produced last year. If TQS, Kirkwood, or Meridith had stepped up and put up some #2 WR stats then maybe I could see letting Thomas go. But even with the defense knowing he was DB’s #1 option just about every pass play and still put up record numbers, you can’t let him walk.

So that leaves Kamara. Payton has done great things with lesser RB’s. UDFA Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, Sproles, mixed in with some power backs.

Loomis has done a lot with less money, I can’t see any of those 3 walking unless they just want to.

The drafting of Latt was the start of our devensive turnaround so u gotta keep him around. And a dominant WR is a great friend to any QB. Sad to say but AK would have to go in this situation. Hopefully, we won't have to see any of em with another helmet on n Loomis can work his magic yet again. Or just take a chance with a draft pick @ QB when Drew hangs em up. That'd help a bunch asfar as being able to afford em all

I may get a few dead failcons for this but another way to keep all 3 would be to trade either Armstead or Peat. Armstead has never played a full season n Peat is too inconsistent n IMO there's a good chance they won't re-sign him when his contract is up anyway. In this case I'd rather Peat go

Illogical question, as their contracts are due at different times. Loomis will know what to do. Trust in Loomis.
I'm of the same mindset. You have Thomas for 1 more year, Kamara 2, and Lattimore 3 years with the 5th year option. I didn't participate in the poll b/c don't feel it's a decision that has to be made right now. What I do know is that Michael Thomas will be looking at an obscene payday after this season!!!

Kamara would be very hard to replace, but not as hard as Lat and Mike. If all 3 were in the draft, I think Lat goes 1, Mike 2, and Kamara 3... but it's darn close.

The first good corner we’ve had in years and we let him go?! That’s rough

Defensive players are hard to come by. Offensive players come and go all the time. I would say MT because WRs are very popular. Plus brees will
Be gone by the time we have to let one of these guys go

OMG, by 2020 the sky will be falling!!!
How can we ever survive this catastrophe?
Everybody here better start saving their pennies so we can cover the shortfall of the Saints payroll.

I can't figure out which group is worse:
We'll never be able to pay everybody!
or
______is only worth $___!

I get that it's the offseason, but damn I hear more positive comments from Bills fans.

MT is simply the best WR in the entire NFL. You can easily replace WRs in Payton's system, but this guy truly is a generational talent.

Agreed on Thomas.

But even past that, is it even really true that we can easily replace WRs? We've seemed to struggle pretty hard at that the past two seasons, having to settle for long stretches with only Thomas producing because guys behind him aren't getting open.

I think we'll keep all 3. With that being said if I had to pick one, it's Kamara.

I've never seen a WR attack the ball like Thomas can, he is truly a special player. We've had such terrible luck with CBs, and most of the league has as well that if you have someone like Lattimore you have to keep him. Kamara is a special player as well, but I trust Payton to make due with RBBC if it ever came down to it.

Again, I think we'll be able to keep all 3.

Agreed on Thomas.

But even past that, is it even really true that we can easily replace WRs? We've seemed to struggle pretty hard at that the past two seasons, having to settle for long stretches with only Thomas producing because guys behind him aren't getting open.
I think it is true. Imo, our WR issues were a confluence of events. Thinking back, WR talent just hasn't been a problem for this team under CSP.

So why these last 2 years? Especially last year? We realized that we were WR short post-Cooks. And more importantly, TE short.

We didn't find that TE replacement which affected the WR group. But we did bring in Meredith as a solid #2 to MT. That would have given us 3 solid receivers and we went into the season thinking just that.

Then Ginn got hurt.
Then it became apparent that the staff misjudged Meredith's injury/recovery. And he went on IR
We bought in Dez and he got hurt before he completed a full practice.
This forced the Saints to play Smith and Kirkwood when both should have been developing instead.

So, imo, it was more about injuries and errors in judgement (that happens to even the best coaches) than an inability to find serviceable WRs.

It is hard to replace players midseason, even WR. But when you plan and set your roster with starters and depth, it is fairly easy to do with the WR group before you get into the depth of your season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom