We can only sign two. Who do we let go?

• Michael Thomas

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Alvin Kamara

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Marshon Lattimore

Votes: 60 45.5%

• Total voters
Probably the most masochistic thread I've ever read.

The Colts had this situation when they had to decide between keeping QB Peyton Manning, WR Marvin Harrison, and RB Edgerrin James. They re-signed Manning and Harrison, and let James walk.

However, Alvin Kamara can do much more than Edgerrin James could even think about doing. I don't think you let Kamara walk under the circumstances of not being able to re-sign all of your stars.

The Saints won’t be paying a franchise QB contract after Brees retires and Taysom Hill takes over. They will keep all 3.

The “odd man out” is much more likely to be an aging vet on a big contract, like Armstead or even Cam Jordan... possibly Warford as well.

I think Kamara may be the most talented but I pick him because the RB is the position that's the most likely to get hurt. That position has the highest churn rate.

sign Thomas then sign Kamara exercise a fifth year option on Lattimore and reevaluate.

Odd way to spell Klein, Ginn and bridgewater

Just because Loomis hasn't been robbing ole peter don't think he doesn't know where to find the money.

If there was any doubt they wouldn't have signed bridgewater .

Loomis got this

Btw Loomis has quietly replaced most of the players drafted after the 3rd round with a bunch of former 1st rd. picks

12 former 1st rd picks
2 OL
5 DL
3 CB
WR,

Murray is only significant player on offense drafted after rd. 3

2 QBs, 5 Ol, te, 3 wr, and a rb

Onyematta and Klein on defense
6 DL
4 cb
2 lb
3 safeties drafted 1st- 3rd rd.

Loomis building the roster with blue chip players, don't see him changing and letting his trophies leave.

Seriously doubt Loomis will ever have a top heavy roster with udfa starters in every group again

Depends on the QB scenario. Good QBs can make WRs talented. Brady has been doing that his whole career.

Keeping Latt and Alvin.
Latt because good corners are so hard to come by.
Alvin because that’s freakish HOF talent.

In general, it is more difficult to find a shutdown CB than any other position sans quarterback. That said, the Saints will keep all three players.

Keep them all. We won't be paying Drew Brees later on and our new QB will not command as much money but will need all the help around him
But you will, in essence, due to his dead money in future years.

He currently has two to-be-voided years on his contract... $15.9M in 2020 and $5.4M in 2021... for a combined dead money hit of $21.3M against the team's 2020 salary cap.

Gotta pay the piper eventually.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom