Odds of DA Getting the Job (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the decision has already been made, and there will be no serious national search and due diligence. Payton's decision was not a shock to those in the organization. They have been discussing that possibility and the options for at least the last two weeks, if not longer. The Saints are a very insular and personal-relationship driven organization where the powers that be have been in place for a long time. And it seems Payton is pushing Allen.

The likelihood of Allen getting the job are in the 75 to 80 percent range. Odds 1 to 4.

Last edited:
I don't have strong opinions about Dennis Allen and would not totally object to him being hired. But this just screams "safe" choice. In other words, it seems like a move to avoid criticism and shows a lack of vision/creativity for the Saints near future.

If he gets the job, I hope Dennis kills it and is more successful than Payton, but this is hard to get excited over if this is the direction the Saints go.

Last edited:
I think if Allen is the new HC and Carmichael is the OC, then Payton will be an unofficial or official offensive consultant. He could have fun all the fun of offensive creativity without any of the operational responsibilities and stress of making tough decisions. Basically, he can be Allen and Carmichael's Bill Parcells.

Allen does not need an interview, he is known and presented great results. Besides that, I think he gives the opportunity to keep the staff as it is.

An external coach would need to build his own staff, maybe including coordinators.

Allen and Carmichael would not have trouble finding new gigs as coordinators and frankly, I don’t see them stay if they are passed by an external candidate.

IMO, Allen was handpicked before the announcement was even made yesterday. I could be wrong, but I have a suspicion that Allen will be named within the next few weeks but he already has the job in hand.

I didn't notice Sean mention Allen anywhere in the presser although I may have missed it if he did. Would seem kinda odd if he didn't. On the other hand.....our D plays with passion and that comes from someone. I hope it's him and he's a guy the whole team can get behind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom