Odds of DA Getting the Job (1 Viewer)

I didn't notice Sean mention Allen anywhere in the presser although I may have missed it if he did. Would seem kinda odd if he didn't. On the other hand.....our D plays with passion and that comes from someone. I hope it's him and he's a guy the whole team can get behind.

When asked if he considered taking a year off and coming back, he said it wouldn't be fair to DA. Then he quickly added the phrase...or any other qualified candidates. It sounded as if it's assumed DA will get the job.

I think the decision has already been made, and there will be no serious national search and due diligence. Payton's decision was not a shock to those in the organization. They have been discussing that possibility and the options for at least the last two weeks, if not longer. The Saints are a very insular and personal-relationship driven organization where the powers that be have been in place for a long time. And it seems Payton is pushing Allen.

The likelihood of Allen getting the job are in the 75 to 80 percent range. Odds 1 to 3.

I agree with that assessment.

Maybe try to promote Kris Richard to DC before he gets snatched up by another team.

That's not very reassuring and I'm from Louisiana.
Yep. Not reassuring at all if they go that way.

We’ll be able to tell by the candidates they interview if it’s an inside job or not.

I think it's his job and I think it's the right way to go. I have confidence in Carmichael as a playcaller so I don't feel a need to go after an offensive HC as most teams are doing. I think we have a good staff overall. DA has head coaching experience. He handled the Bucs game well and got the win as HC/DC. I think we can move forward just as we would've with Payton. If it doesn't work out after a few years we can start over with a new coach who will blow it up.

8-28 record as a head coach, with the Raiders getting worse every year he was there.
The Raiders had 10 loss seasons from 03-09No one could’ve saved the Raiders at that time with back to back 8-8 before Allen. That franchise was the definition of dysfunctional.

8-28 record as a head coach, with the Raiders getting worse every year he was there.
Allen was coaching on an impossible mission.

If you remember, Reggie McKenzie was the General Manager and Dennis Allen the Head Coach.

They had to severely clean the cap, it was not a rebuilding job. It was destruction first. And even with that impossible job, Reggie McKenzie brought great draft picks as he chose Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper.

Frankly, I would love to have both McKenzie and Allen on my team at any time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom