Odds of DA Getting the Job (1 Viewer)

Im going to pretty much copy and paste my following thoughts into any thread about our next head coach.

Its pretty obvious to me that Dennis Allen is the obvious and best choice. We don't have a bad team and we have a great staff that goes beyond Sean Payton. After all, he chose these guys.

Allen would allow the staff to return and has already showed he can get the job done in Seans absence. I think the rest of the team would be left scratching there heads if we were to go in a different direction and therefor pretty much replace all the coaches.

I'd say the odds are pretty damn good. I wouldnt bet against it.

Being out here in California, even though their record may have gotten worse with Allen, the dysfunction of the franchise had gotten better. It was such a mess, as I said nothing was going to work. That was the end of Al Davis era where the Raiders were a complete mess.

Now the fact Allen had that to learn from, and you know Payton was pointing this out should’ve been an invaluable learning experience.

This is not a broken franchise in need of a reboot. That's why you would go with Allen. If you like the culture you've built, if you've got a team where the players already match the system, then i think you go for continuity. And you happen to have a guy who seems ripe for another shot as a head coach. So none of us know for sure, but it seems like the braintrust views this team as being in a position to continue winning...

It seems pretty obvious it’s going to be Allen with Pete staying as OC. They’ll also promote from within for the DC.

I’m not against it because I don’t think the team is in complete disarray. The defense is strong. Just have to rebuild the offense. That said I am a little concerned that this is hanging on to the past. We shall see

It seems pretty obvious it’s going to be Allen with Pete staying as OC. They’ll also promote from within for the DC.

I’m not against it because I don’t think the team is in complete disarray. The defense is strong. Just have to rebuild the offense. That said I am a little concerned that this is hanging on to the past. We shall see
Yeah I don't think you block Neilsen from becoming a coordinator last offseason if you aren't planning for life after SP.

I think the Saints throw a curveball. They go with an OC that can bring in a QB. Brian Daboll could bring Trubisky. Josh McDaniel could snag Jimmy G. Flores would push for D. Watson. We know now that we can subtract some QB options now, regardless of who is coaching. Baker is off the table. J. Winston is off the table. Mariotta is off the table.

90%

The Saints always value continuity. With Allen, you not only get him, but you keep everyone else together as well and can promote some guys you were looking at losing. An outside coach means a total remake of the staff. I don’t see Loomis wanting that.

90%

The Saints always value continuity. With Allen, you not only get him, but you keep everyone else together as well and can promote some guys you were looking at losing. An outside coach means a total remake of the staff. I don’t see Loomis wanting that.

And I recall Payton talking about this specifically in his book, about how when a head coach gets fired, there's a lesser seen effect that it has on the rest of the coaching staff losing their jobs as well.

Brian Daboll could bring Trubisky. . . J. Winston is off the table.

I want no part of Trubisky. And why do you think Winston is off the table? I think Payton being gone makes Winston less likely to sign with us, but I don't think it's off the table for Winston or the Saints. It's all going to depend on who the HC is and who he wants. That could be Winston, it could be drafting a rookie, or it could be someone else.

Sean mentioned yesterday that one of the things he's most proud of is the "building". By that he meant the organization and mission from top to bottom, the execs, coaches, players, ect. Most FA's we've signed have commented on how the organization is run so well compared to others. In my opinion, you don't mess with that and you keep the train on the tracks by promoting from within if there's a suitable candidate. The players love DA and the coaches. Definitely pulling for him as the HC, Pete as OC, and Richard or Nielson as DC.

This has been in the works for weeks if not the entire year. Just look at how Payton kept Nielsen. He knew.

It will be Allen and the staff will remain in tact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom