Odds of facing Jordan Love in week 1 is increasing (1 Viewer)

Hope so...
The past couple of years point towards Love being a dummy tbh šŸ˜¬
Could be Rodgers putting it out there, but I'd pick this scenario 100%.

I really doubt that Rodgers will be playing anywhere else than in GB

maybe he sits out, but no other team will get him under center.
Especially not the Saints. We canā€™t afford sheet

Yes because that would require the most insane cap magic in sports history.
if he wants to be here he can play for a million this first year and back load the deal like they did with brees. i think he would consider it just bc they play the pack in the very first game. can you imagine the buzz around that? it would be like a super bowl type hype for that to open the season, especially with a 2 month lead up

Even today though despite all the Success of the past 29 Seasons, GreenBay is a football Siberia when it comes to landing free agents. Many of them opt to play elsewhere.
SMH... Green Bay GMs (most notably Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson) have a long history of not being a player in FA but rather drafting and developing their players from within. It's been a team strategy for a long time. Yes, there are a few exceptions but by far, Green Bay has stayed out of FA bidding wars. Do some more research.

So rodgers currently gets some star treatment from the refs. Not on bradys level, but it's still pretty obvious. Saints get the exact opposite of that. Rodgers to the saints would probably do away with his special treatment. The league would likely justify it to themselves by marking him a bad sheep for bucking an NFL front office. So I think a move here would be bad for him.

What wouldve been interesting is if Drew would have retired last year and golden Tom would have come here. Not sure how that wouldve played out with the refs and the league. Might have caused a complete meltdown of the officiating branch of the NFL.

Yes exactly for close to 30 years they struggled as a franchise. During their glory days in the 60s baseball was the more popular sport. So even then its highly doubtful that during those days they were at the forefront of America's sporting landscape.

Now back to when i first started watching football in the late 80s. It was hardly bout the Packers. Raiders, 49ers, Giants, WFT and The Bears wore at the forefront of football. It wasnt until around 93 when Favre started to get really good and Reggie White joined that the Packers were on TV often and started to grow in popularity with the new generation of fans.

Even today though despite all the Success of the past 29 Seasons, GreenBay is a football Siberia when it comes to landing free agents. Many of them opt to play elsewhere.

Now as far as being football Siberia in the collective sports conscience in America, that's never going to happen again. They have been too good for too long. They have had a lot of success during the period when football has exploded in popularity.

I remember until i was High School that baseball was the most popular sport, now its hands down without a doubt football.
You do know, at least in terms of attracting decent-great FA'S to Wisconsin, they don't necessarily have to live, train or work in GB or Brown County, Wisconsin. I'm sure Packers GMs as far back as Ron Wolf, or the Packers ownership group could say promote Milwaukee as a nice place(and it is) to live during the season or off-season if they plan to move their families there and establish roots long-term. Milwaukee is certainly a big enough city to handle more then a few A-list Packers players along with their Brewers, and Bucks contemporaries. And the city itself has actually rebounded pretty well from its severe economic recession it endured from the late 70's-1980's after their alcohol breweries closed down and industrial plants were made non-existent.

Politically, Milwaukee has matured substantially since the bad old, corrupt days of the 1970's and 80's when their Police Commissioner was nicknamed "Little Hoover" and creepy, evil psychotic spree, serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer prowled the streets, city's gay bars and bath houses and restaurants for his next victims.

Say what you want. I'd trade Rodgers while I can, and get what I can. They can get a pretty good haul for him to build on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom