Odds say there will be an upset this weekend (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
The last time the 1 and 2 seeds advanced to the conference championships in both conferences in consecutive years was 1990-91 and 1991-92. As we all know, last year the 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC and AFC made the conference championship so odds say there will be an upset this weekend. Which top seed do you think will be upset and which top seed does the petty Saints fan in you WANT to be upset?

Most likely to get upset? Green Bay. They just never looked like they were in the top tier of NFC teams. Yet they got the luck we never seem to get and got the bye week. With rest and HFA, plus a banged up Seattle team, I think they should have all the luck to beat the Seahawks but I will not be surprised if Seattle “upsets” them.

The petty Saints fan in me wants Minnesota to upset San Fran (I hate both teams but SF fans can be real cocky so it’ll be funny to see them humbled) and Seattle to upset GB (just because I went to Seattle and their fans were extremely nice; that and I’m still annoyed GB got the bye over us).

If you're talking nice fanbases, the Packers fans were extremely nice to me when I went to the Saints/Packers game at Lambeau in 2017. I think they're the most likely to be upset but I like them as a fanbase (I also have many friends in WI).

Most likely to get upset? Green Bay. They just never looked like they were in the top tier of NFC teams. Yet they got the luck we never seem to get and got the bye week. With rest and HFA, plus a banged up Seattle team, I think they should have all the luck to beat the Seahawks but I will not be surprised if Seattle “upsets” them.

The petty Saints fan in me wants Minnesota to upset San Fran (I hate both teams but SF fans can be real cocky so it’ll be funny to see them humbled) and Seattle to upset GB (just because I went to Seattle and their fans were extremely nice; that and I’m still annoyed GB got the bye over us).

Houston upsetting the Chiefs is a possibility. Not sure it'd be much of an upset though. Chiefs are better than the Texans, but not by enough to call this game any sort of lock.

Vikings upsetting the 49ers is a possibility, and one I wouldn't mind seeing. SF is by all accounts a heavy favorite, but that's based on who everyone thought the Vikings were entering the post season. They got healthy at the right time, and although I wouldn't call them world-beaters, they're a much better team that what they showed in December.

Seattle upsetting GB isn't too far fetched, but it is at Lambeau in the ice cold. Seattle is banged up, especially at RB. Weather could very well make this a run-heavy game, and as much as I'd like to see the Packers go one-and-done... I think GB gets it done.

In my mind, the SE/GB and KC/HOU are too close to call it an upset if the underdog wins. Minny beating SF would be debatable. But if the Titans go in to Baltimore and walk out with a win... THAT would be a true upset. Baltimore is built to win this type of game this time of year. Strong defense and a strong running game. BUT they have a young QB, who takes a risk on his health and well being ever time he touches the ball. And Tennessee also has a huge weapon at RB. So I'm going to call it. Tennessee beats Baltimore in a close one.

I’ve watched Green Bay quite a few times this season. At times they’ve looked dominant - Rodgers and the O able to move the ball with ease, impressive running game, and the D pressuring the QB nearly every play. Then other times I’ve seen them and wondered how they were even above .500. I only saw the Seahawks twice (once against the Saints) and wasn’t impressed either time. If the good Green Bay shows up it won’t be close, if the bad Green Bay shows up Seattle has a chance.

I’m fairly certain the Niners destroy the Vikings. Zimmer and Cousins used up all their magic last week. If the Niners get the lead early it could get ugly.

Meh, the vikes are the the only ones with a true chip on their shoulders.

Houston upsetting the Chiefs is a possibility. Not sure it'd be much of an upset though. Chiefs are better than the Texans, but not by enough to call this game any sort of lock.

Vikings upsetting the 49ers is a possibility, and one I wouldn't mind seeing. SF is by all accounts a heavy favorite, but that's based on who everyone thought the Vikings were entering the post season. They got healthy at the right time, and although I wouldn't call them world-beaters, they're a much better team that what they showed in December.

Seattle upsetting GB isn't too far fetched, but it is at Lambeau in the ice cold. Seattle is banged up, especially at RB. Weather could very well make this a run-heavy game, and as much as I'd like to see the Packers go one-and-done... I think GB gets it done.

In my mind, the SE/GB and KC/HOU are too close to call it an upset if the underdog wins. Minny beating SF would be debatable. But if the Titans go in to Baltimore and walk out with a win... THAT would be a true upset. Baltimore is built to win this type of game this time of year. Strong defense and a strong running game. BUT they have a young QB, who takes a risk on his health and well being ever time he touches the ball. And Tennessee also has a huge weapon at RB. So I'm going to call it. Tennessee beats Baltimore in a close one.
great call

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom